Students who started receiving the Tennessee HOPE scholarship in the fall of 2009 AND AFTER may qualify for up to $2,000 in Tennessee lottery scholarship for the summer terms.
- A student must be enrolled in at least six credit hours of summer classes to qualify for the summer HOPE scholarship.
- For example, if a student is only enrolled in three credit hours, he or she would not qualify for summer aid
- If a student is taking less than 12 credit hours in the summer, the amount of HOPE received will be prorated.
- For example, a student enrolled in 9 credit hours may be eligible to receive up to $1,500 in HOPE scholarship for the summer term.
- Students should register for summer classes as planned and the Financial Aid office will notify students of the aid award for those who qualify.
There are specific qualifications and rules to receiving and maintaining the Tennessee HOPE scholarship. Students should refer to the Financial Aid website to stay up to date on any changes in the upcoming semester.
For more information contact the Financial Aid Office at (423) 425-4677 or visit the Tennessee Lottery Scholarship website at http://www.tn.gov/CollegePays/mon_college/lottery_scholars.htm.