Chattanooga, TN (The Loop) – With the assistance of the Chattanooga Fugitives and Property Crime Division working in conjunction with the UTC Police Department, an arrest was made in connection with the armed robbery that occurred this past weekend. The suspect also was charged with a second armed robbery that occurred near campus.
Although this suspect has been apprehended, law enforcement officials continue to search for another suspect in the Saturday evening robbery.
Remember to be aware of your surroundings and take steps to protect yourself. If you are a victim of a crime or have information about a crime, contact the UTC Police immediately.
Remember these other campus safety tips.
To contact UTCPD for help or to report a crime in progress; you may use any of the following options:
- Pick up a Blue Light Phone from any location
- From a campus Red Phone – dial 911
- From a cell phone (423) 425-4357. Consider adding this number to your cell phone’s quick dial list.
- Call 911 from a safe location to reach local police.
Remember these very important tips:
- Trust your instincts. If you sense that something is wrong, get away from the situation. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
- Don’t let strangers into your apartments, and don’t go into strangers’ apartments.
- Please keep apartment doors looked.
- Report suspicious activity and vandalism immediately.
If you are held up:
- Don’t resist. No amount of money is worth taking chances with your life.
- Notify the campus police or local police immediately.
- Try to give a description that includes approximate age, height, weight, and details on hair, clothing, jewelry, scars, tattoos – anything that is noticeable.
Where you live:
- Keep your doors and windows locked day and night. Don’t let strangers in. Ask to see proper identification.
- If you are not expecting a service worker, call UTC Police to dispatch anofficer to investigate.
- Don’t leave a door unlocked for someone planning to come back later.