Employee Self Service has several new features available to all university employees (regular, term and student). An employee does not have to be an IRIS user. The new features are:
- Home Address Update – You may change your home address and you may add up to 4 additional telephone numbers for fax numbers, cell numbers, and alternate telephone numbers. You may also change your disclosure declaration limiting how much information is published within the University. Each time you make a change on this screen you will receive an email notification that your information has been changed.
- Office Address Update - You may change your office telephone number and add up to 4 additional telephone numbers for fax numbers, cell numbers, and alternate telephone numbers. You may also change your disclosure declaration limiting how much information is published within the University.
- IRS Form W-4 Update – This screen allows you to change the tax withholding declarations used by the payroll system when calculating your federal income tax withholding. For example, if you get married or you want an additional amount withheld you may want to change your current declaration. Each time you make a change on this screen you will receive an email notification that your information has been changed.
- Personal Data Update – This allows you to create or change the race, ethnicity, and veteran status you have declared for yourself.
- Education/Degrees Display – This display has been enhanced to show all known degrees you have received. Previously only the most recent degree was shown.
To access these and all other features of Employee Self Service, please use Firefox. You may experience difficulties when using Internet Explorer 10.
- Visit https://irisweb.tennessee.edu using your NETID and password when prompted
- Click on the Employee Self-Service Tab
- Select the desired feature
For questions or additional information, please contact the IRIS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees participating in the Partnership PPO and the Standard PPO may get a free flu shot and/or pneumococcal vaccine by either: presenting your Caremark care at a participating network pharmacy or presenting your health insurance card (Blue Cross/Blue Shield or CIGNA) at your in-network doctor’s office. Read MORE…
Jooyong Ahn, Professor of Conducting, Music
Guest conducted three youth orchestras in San Isidro, Dolores and Chascomus youth orchestras in Argentina, March 2013. These orchestras are part of well known “el sistema” program which started in Venezuela early 1970s.
Taught several master classes to Kyungpook National University and the gifted students of Daegu Center for Students in Daegu, South Korea July, 2013.…
Read more →
We have recently been informed by Blue Cross Blue Shield that the following local providers will no longer be in the BlueCross Network S after October 1, 2013:
Chattanooga Surgery Center
Parkridge Medical Center
Parkridge East Hospital (East Ridge)
Note: Parkridge Valley Hospital is NOT affected. Also not all physician groups housed in Parkridge are affected; please check with BCBST Member Services for inquiries about individual physicians and Physician groups.
Blue Cross Network S continues to include providers at Erlanger and Memorial.
Your health plan allows you to choose any provider for care; however, you will get the most value from your health plan by using providers in network.
If you have questions or need assistance finding in-network providers, contact BCBST Member Service Department at 1-800-558-6213, Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5:15 PM.
BCBST can also help coordinate your care for future treatments, hospital stays or surgeries, for which please call BCBST Member Service Department.
The government reduction in Social Security payroll taxes (“tax holiday”) ended Dec. 31, 2012. The employee tax rate for Social Security will return to 6.2% from 4.2%, resulting in 2 percent less in after-tax pay beginning in the first January 2013 paycheck. This tax break was not extended in the Act passed by Congress on Jan. 1, 2013.
Estimated 2 percent increase for Social Security Payroll Taxes:
you will pay (by month)
you will pay (by year)
Additional Medicare Tax On Wages Over $200,000
The current Medicare tax rate of 1.45% will continue continue for 2013, but an additional Medicare tax of .09% will be withheld on wages paid to an employee in excess of $200,000 during the calendar year.
Federal Withholding Tax Rates
The Act maintains the current income tax rates for individuals earning up to $400,000 and families earning less than $450,000. The maximum marginal rate for employees making more than these amounts will now be 39.6% up from 35%.