- Recovery efforts continue throughout the 1st and Ground floors. Library staff is working with building, insurance, and state professionals to salvage materials and restore operations as quickly as possible.
Requesting Library Materials
- The Library has instituted a temporary paging (or retrieval) system so that students, faculty and staff can use undamaged materials. While the Ground floor is still off-limits, you are now able to place a hold on an item you want. If it’s available, library staff will retrieve the item from the Ground floor and will make it available at the 1st-floor CheckOut Desk within 24 hours of your request. You will receive an email as soon as the item is ready for pick-up. What happens if the material you need has been damaged in the flood? We’ll borrow it from another library on your behalf using the inter-library loan system! Click here for complete details on how to get the materials you need.
3rd Floor Study Rooms
- As 1st-floor study rooms are currently unavailable for use, the Library has temporarily made all 3rd-floor study rooms reservable for 2-hour study sessions. You may reserve online and check out a room key from the 1st-floor CheckOut Desk. Click here to see the room reservation calendar online. Please note: the Roth Grand Reading Room and the two 3rd-floor quiet study lounges continue to be available for regular study use as well.
- Most of the 1st-floor and the entire Ground floor remain closed at this time.
- Construction is underway on 1st floor repairs.
- The exterior building entrance on Vine/Douglas is now open for routine traffic.
- The interior West Stairwell (the one the closest to the new Auditorium) remains closed.
We will update you on construction progress over the next week, and we hope to have more specific information available soon.