Lot 35, located between the McKenzie Arena and the tennis courts, will close today at 5:00 PM and will remain closed until Saturday-December 7, 2013 @ 7:00 AM.
Please remove all vehicles.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
The GEAR UP program, which helps 8th and 9th graders at four inner-city middle schools and three high schools get on track for college, is hiring in-school and after-school tutors for the spring semester. If you are interested in helping a group of students who have faced some serious challenges succeed in middle school, move toward high school graduation, and realize their college ambitions, please consider becoming part of the GEAR UP effort.
The House: University Ministries of Chattanooga is hosting its annual Midnight Pancake Breakfast tonight at The Hub. Serving runs from 11:59 p.m. until 2 a.m.
All-you-can-eat is just $1.
Take a study break and load up on pancakes.
Do not forget to prepare for the UTC 5-ON-5 Intramural Basketball Season!
UTC Intramural 5-ON-5 Basketball Starts January 20, 2013
Deadline for Registration is January 15, 2013
Please Visit www.IMLeagues.com/UTC
to create an account and/or to Register for UTC Intramural Sports.
* An account must be created before a participant may register for UTC Intramurals.
Join UTC Dining & UTC Faculty/Staff for free late night breakfast on Thursday December 5, 2013 from 9 - 10:30 in Campus Crossroads! Valid ID required.
If you’re wondering what to get your parents, relatives or friends during the holiday season, then come to the UTC bookstore Thursday, December 5th from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm and take advantage on the sale of our UTC Cookbook which has 1,000 recipes submitted by our own faculty and staff. This is our second printing of the cookbook and anything that you could ever want to cook is in this cookbook and the best part is that it normally sells for $25.00 but will be on sale for $12.50. This book has had rave reviews in the newspaper and from those who have purchased it. The proceeds of the sale goes back into the Career Development Fund for staff members to help pay for certain courses, seminars etc. Come on down and get some of your shopping done now. Hope to see you Thursday.
The UC wants to help you find the best place for you to study for Finals. Therefore, we opening on the Sunday evening after Thanksgiving (December 1st) for you to come in and study for a few hours. Also, starting on Reading Day we are offering our Chattanooga & Tennessee Rooms as spaces for individual/quiet study and groups study. Below is our building hours during Finals as well as when the Chattanooga & Tennessee Rooms will be available as study space.
University Center Building Hours
- Sunday, December 1st – 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Monday – Thursday, December 2nd-5th – 7:00am-11:00pm
- Friday, December 6th – 7:00am-8:30pm
- Saturday, December 7th – 7:00am-8:00pm
- Sunday, December 8th – 10:30am-10:00pm
- Monday, December 9th – 7:00am-8:00pm
Chattanooga & Tennessee Rooms Study Space Hours
- Tuesday, December 3rd
- Chattanooga A, Group Study 12:00pm-11:00pm
- Chattanooga B-C – Individual/Quiet Study 12:00pm-11:00pm
- Wednesday & Thursday, December 4th – 5th
- Chattanooga A, Group Study All Day
- Chattanooga B-C, Individual/Quiet Study All Day
- Friday, December 6th
- Chattanooga A, Group Study 7:00am-1:00pm
- Chattanooga B-C, Individual/Quiet Study 7:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday, December 7th – 8th
- Chattanooga A-B-C, Individual/Quiet Study All Day
- Tennessee Room, Group Study All Day
- Monday, December 9th
- Chattanooga A-B-C , Individual/Quiet Study 7:00am-2:00pm
- Tennessee Room, Group Study 7:00am-2:00pm
Good luck on your Finals!
Good news students, we are adding these courses to the spring schedule. Note specific information for each. Dr. Chad Harriss of Alfred University will join us in January 2014.
COMM 1999r – Introduction to Social Media – open to non-majors (Students will need a closed class override for this course. Please email Flocerfina-DeGuzman@utc.edu for that.), MWF 9-9:50, Metro 255, Dr. Chad Harriss, limit 16.
Comm. 4350, Publication Design 2, TTH 12:15 to 2:05 p.m. Frist 203, Dr. Simmons and Dr. Simmons will also teach Comm. 3350, Pub Design 1, limit 16
Comm. 4000 Special Topics, Photojournalism 2, MW, 3 to 4:50 p.m., First 203, Professor Billy Weeks. (Students will need a closed class override for this course. The prerequisite is Photojournalism 1. Please email Flocerfina-DeGuzman@utc.edu for that.), limit 16.
COMM 4000 – Television & American Culture –open to non-majors (Students will need a closed class override for this course. Please email Flocerfina-DeGuzman@utc.edu for that.) MW 3-4:50, Frist 205, Harriss.
As you prepare for your final exams, the Library is here to help.
Library Building Hours Extended
- The Library is open until 2am from Monday-Thursday, and until 8pm on Friday and Saturday, so you have a quiet place to go for your late-night cram sessions. Click here for complete list of extended hours.
SGA in the Library!
- The SGA will be at the Library nightly Tuesday Dec 3 – Thursday Dec 5 from 10:30pm – 1:30am handing out snacks, study materials, scantrons and blue books.
Need a Study Break?
- On Wednesday Dec 4 from 5pm – 8pm in LIB 208, the Library will be giving out free bowls of cereal and will be showing kids cartoons for you to watch while you eat. Take a quick study break to fuel up with food and rest your brain by taking your mind back to a simpler time; those lazy hazy Saturday mornings spent eating cereal and watching cartoons.
Extra Outlets and Study Space
- During Finals Week, LIBRARY 208 will open for study and all seats have access to an electrical outlet.
The Library is here to help you successfully end your semester.
Visit the Library or chat with us online to let us know how we can help you.
Good luck on your finals!