Students and faculty using the LockDown browser should be prompted to update to the latest version of the browser the next time they use Lockdown Browser. However, if you are not prompted to update please follow the instructions below to update manually.
- Start the Respondus LockDown Browser application
- Select “i” from the toolbar (Windows) or “About” (Mac)
- Select “Check for Newer Version”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and run the patch
If the “Check for New Version” doesn’t recognize the latest version, it’s because you are running a relatively old copy of LockDown Browser. The solution is to do a full reinstallation:
- Go to UTC’s LockDown Browser installation page
- Download and install a new copy of the browser
After patching or reinstalling the application, the “i” or “About” button on the toolbar should show the latest version number.
- Windows: Version 188.8.131.52 , August 14, 2013
- Mac: Version 184.108.40.206 , August 15, 2013