Research & Consultancy Experience
Current Research Project/Proposals/Publications
Department of Engineering Management and Technology, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- Sokolov, A. M., Yu, A., J. Khojandi, A., “Sokolov Performance Management System (SPMS)” (submitted to Project Management Journal, October 2018.)
- Sokolov, A. M., Khojandi, A., Yu, A. J., “Project Performance Quality Evaluation” (to be submitted to IEEE, 2018.)
- Sokolov, A. M., Yu, A. J., Khojandi, A., “Numerical Evaluation of Efficiency and Effectiveness” (to be submitted to ASEM, 2018.)
- Sokolov, A. M., Khojandi, A., Yu, A., “Reliability Analysis of Research and Uncertainty” (to be submitted to ISEE, 2019.)
- Sokolov, A. M., Yu, A., J. Khojandi, A., “Productivity Examination of Research and Uncertainty” (to be submitted to QMS, 2019.)
- Sokolov, A. M., Khojandi, A., Yu, A. J., “Efficiency Examination of Research and Uncertainty” (to be submitted to JER, 2019.)
- Sokolov, A. M., Yu, A. J., Khojandi, A., “Numerical Evaluation of Project Performance” (to be submitted to ASEM, 2019.)
- Sokolov, A.M., Kim, S.D., “Return on Investment (ROI) on Transportation Projects” (Proposal submitted to TDOT: $100,000, September 2018.)
- Mbakisya. A.O., Wang, E., Owino, Kizza, J. Murnane, C., Daleiden, J., Sokolov A.M., Bech, N., “Network Level Pavement Structural Data” (Proposal submitted to TDOT: $320,000, September 2018.)
- Kim, S.D., Sokolov, A.M., “Investigation on Wrong-Way Prevention Technologies and Systems” (Proposal submitted to TDOT: $200,000, September 2018.)
- Khanh Nguyen – A Methodology of Increasing Operational Tempo in Asphalt Plant Field Service Repair. 2018
- Sarah Aseltine – Integration of Supply Chain Management Principles in to the Department of Defense Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics Process. 2018
- Thomas Minwell – The Effects of Solar Generation on Power System Balancing. 2018
- Brian Taylor – Method for Improving the Competitive Advantage of In-House Maintenance for a Large Manufacturing Facility. 2018
- Amy Wallace – Implementation of Third-Party Containment within an Automotive Manufacturing Setting. 2018
- Timothy S. McGee – Residential Construction Company Startup A Customer Centric Approach. 2018
- Carlos Da Cruz – Addressing Cost Overruns in Construction Projects using early Planning of Project Management Tasks. 2017
- Faculty Advisor to Associate General Contractors Club, August 2018 – Present
- Department of Engineering Management & Technology, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- Faculty Advisor to Ducks Unlimited Club, January 2018 – Present
- University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- Faculty Advisor to Engineering Management Club, August 2017 – Present
- Department of Engineering Management & Technology, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
Process Improvement Engineer, September 2018 – Present
Covenant Transport Services
- Engage and support the planned review of process improvements and organizational activities to foster a culture of sustainable Continuous Improvement
- Perform time studies and observations to identify opportunities for waste and redundancy reduction
- Develop an understanding of process improvement and organizational change using Continuous Improvement methodology, including Lean & Six Sigma
- Collect, organize and distribute data
- Assist with Kaizen events as necessary
- Learn to identify root-causes to issues and develop appropriate solutions and responses
- Analyze business flows including people, activities, materials, work methods, policies & procedures, and technology
Manager of Market Analysis, September 2013 – October 2016
Oak Ridge National Laboratory, U.S. D.O.E.
- Functioned as a Project Manager for the production and development of Medical Isotopes, Accelerator Products, and contracted University production for sale and distribution while collaborating and directing multiple facilities and commercial companies around the world.
- Established project management business acumen and creative tools for various DOE Isotope Program’s headquarters funded tasks.
- Researched, advised, and monitored isotope market share prices and sectors to determine U.S. competitiveness with those products supplied by foreign sources along with potential shortages and supply chain distributions using analytical and mathematic integration or market research.
- Maintained ISO 9001 product standards within the Quality Management System Informatics for auditing using analytical tools and statistics.
- Directed business analytics and data integration of market research for medical standards and practices.
- Helped coordinate and understood clinical trials with FDA and cGMP compliance regulations.
- Conducted day-to-day business office operations with a net income in the tens of Millions of Dollars.
- Administered SAP software and solutions support for the Isotope Business Office.
- Performed detailed decision-making market analyses on specific bulk or end-product global isotope markets as requested.
- Responsible for routine maintenance/updating of the NIDC website, preparation, and editing of the periodic news releases and design/maintenance of the Isotope Program booth display for various venues.
- Utilized Primavera on long and short-term projects
- DOT Advanced Radioactive, Hazardous, and Waste Shipper Training.
- International Air Transportation Association Training (IATA) Education
- Developed Engineering optimization techniques for production and development.
- Top-Secret “Q” Government Security Clearance.
Business Development Manager & Sales Analyst, August 2012 – September 2013
- Reported operations directly with the Financial Controller, VP of Operations, and CEO.
- Managed business relations with Merchants.
- Organized cash flow bank re-consolidation on a daily basis.
- Compiled and reviewed all sales and cash flow statements.
- Coordinated sales schedules and marketing dynamics.
- Conducted forensic accounting of sale discrepancies.
- Analyzed sales metrics and revenue optimization.
- Developed automated internet marketing services
- Administered & Managed Salesforce Cloud service to coordinate merchant profiles with approximately 25,000 offers.
Financial Analyst, February 2008 – December 2010
National Coal LLC
- Reported operations directly with the CEO & President, CFO & VP, and the Corp., Controller.
- Oversaw Multi-Million-dollar SEC filings: 10-K, 10-Q, & 8-K for improved operating budgets.
- Created forecast models of financial data and market outlook to increase profit margins.
- Utilized macro enabled programs, cross linking graphics and tables, & visual graphics adjustments in excel and compiled various financial and research orientated investor presentations.
- Reviewed and managed all the environmental contracts and permits to reduce costs and increase profit margins
Sales & Customer Service Representative, April 2003 – August 2006
- Worked as a sales representative dealing with customer service and maintenance service.
- Managed Point of Sales and inventory analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and administrative skills.
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Teaching Award, UTC, 2017
- Significant Event Award, ORNL, 2015
- Top 10% of Upper Classmen, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society, 2012
- Awards Chairman, Outstanding Academic Award, Phi Delta Theta, 2011
- IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management Reviewer, 2018
- BS ETM: Engineering Management Coordinator, 2018
- CECS Technology Symposium Committee Member, 2018
- Completed Quality Matter’s Applying QM Rubric (APPQMR) workshop, October 17 – 31, 2017
- International Air Transportation Association Training, 2017
- Presented at EANM conference in Barcelona, Spain, 2017
- Sokolov, A. M., Ferren, D. M., Lesslie, K., Department of Energy’s Isotope Program. European Association of Nuclear Medicine. Barcelona, Spain. Oct 2017.
- Presented at SNMI conference, San Diego, CA, 2016
- Sokolov, A. M., Ferren, D. M., Lesslie, K., Department of Energy’s Isotope Program. Society of Nuclear Medicine. San Diego, California. June 2016.
- DOT Advanced Radioactive Materials Shipper Training, 2016
- DOT Advanced Hazardous Materials Shipper Training, 2016
- Adult CPR/AED Certification, 2016
- Presented at ISE conference, Nashville TN 2015
- Sawhney, R. S., Sokolov, A. M., Seif, J. Reliability and Lean Concepts in E-Commerce. Presentation. At ISE Engineering Lean and Six Sigma Conference. Nashville, TN May 2015.
- Presented at SNMI conference, Baltimore MD, 2015
- Sokolov, A. M., Ferren, D. M., Shelton, J., Department of Energy’s Isotope Program. Society of Nuclear Medicine. Baltimore, Maryland. June 2015.
- Presented at PACIFICHEM conference, Honolulu, HI, 2015
- Sokolov, A. M., Ferren, D. M., Lesslie, K., Department of Energy’s Isotope Program. Pacifichem. Honolulu, Hawaii. Dec 2015.
Professional Society Membership
- American Society of Engineering Management (ASEM), 2014 – present
- Project Management Institute (PMI), 2014 – present
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2014 – present
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (ISE), 2014 – present
- American Nuclear Society (ANS), 2011 – present
- Society of Nuclear Medicine (SNMI), 2011 – present
- Russian – Fluent
- English – Fluent
- Spanish – Conversant