Teaching & Mentoring Experience
Visiting Lecturer, August 2017 – Present
Department of Engineering Management & Technology, University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- BS ETM: Engineering Management Coordinator
- CECS Technology Symposium Committee Member
- Taught undergraduate and graduate courses, Online & In-class
- (Eng. Mgt.) 3550 Project Management
- (Eng. Mgt.) 4540 Value Management
- (Civil Eng.) 3520 Engineering Economy
- (Mechatronics) 3110 Control Systems Technology
- (Mechatronics) 3120 Maintenance of Mechatronic Systems
- (Eng. Mgt.) 5540 Technical Project Management
- (Eng. Mgt.) 5550 Technical Entrepreneurship and Leadership
- (Eng. Mgt.) 5580 Advanced Engineering Economics
- (Eng. Mgt.) Capstone Project
- Utilized MS Project and Primavera
- Setting up courses for BAS in Mechatronics
- ABET accreditation Assistant Coordinator
- Course Learning Evaluation Committee Member
- UTC Faculty Senate Committee Member
- Preparing course plans and materials
- Delivering courses
- Monitoring progress/attendance
- Advising studentsv
- Recording grades and submitting reports
- Capstone Committee member
- Managing the Engineering Management Club
- Quality Matters certified
- Reviewing undergraduate and graduate catalogs
Adjunct Faculty, August 2017 – Present
Department of Engineering & Information Technology, Chattanooga State Community College
- Taught undergraduate and graduate courses, In-class
- ENGR 225 Engineering Programming
- Utilized Unity 3D, C++, MatLab
- Planning and teaching classes as assigned and as outlined in the course descriptions and course syllabi
- Supervising the study and learning activities of students assigned
- Submitting requests through the department head, program coordinator, or lead teacher for equipment, supplies, textbooks, and other instructional aids
- Evaluating the academic progress of students
- Demonstrating knowledge of services, regulations, and procedures as defined in the Adjunct Faculty Handbook
- Submitting course grades on time and performing other administrative duties as required
- Scheduling thirty minutes of office hours before or after each class period or one office hour for each three-credit hour course. For extenuating circumstances in which office hours cannot be scheduled, the adjunct faculty member must submit a written plan to the department head describing how students can access them.
Graduate Research Assistant, January 2017 – June 2017
University of Tennessee Center for International Education
- Assisted with evaluating international documents to be uploaded to the Undergraduate Admissions system, AdmissionPros (AP).
- Ran queries within the AP to find pending applications
- Analyzed data from AP and other sources to produce recruitment reports
- Communicated via various electronic media to help in the retention of potential international students and applicants.
- Facilitated the translation process of the international brochure
- Maintained and update recruitment materials on a live database
- Ordered recruitment materials as necessary
- Worked on website optimization
- Participated in division-wide meetings and activities
- Collaborated with other departments on recruitment projects.
Undergraduate Research Assistant, January 2011 – May 2011
University of Tennessee Zhulin Lab Joint Institute for Computational Sciences
- Utilized computer-programming languages for biological computational genomics.
- Directed & performed research on super-computers at ORNL and University of Tennessee.
- Evaluated computational analyses to best characterize biological systems in order to reveal novel functional features that cannot be obtained by experimental techniques alone.
- Analyzed signal transduction, gene regulation, and protein-protein interactions produced by an array of bioinformatics.