Install a MocsPrint Printer on Your Personal Laptop
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- Make sure you are connected to the UTC network.
- Before you install a printer, you should check your computer’s hostname to make sure it is unique and valid, otherwise, your print jobs will be difficult to identify at the MocsPrint PayStation.
- The MocsPrint release station categorizes print jobs using the username that sent the job. Personal laptops will most likely be identified as GUEST. When you go to the release station, click GUEST, and identify your print job by the file name and date and time that it was submitted. Other jobs will be listed under GUEST, so please only pick your jobs.
- On the keyboard, press Windows Key + R
- In the run box that appears, type: \\goprint1.utc.edu\flt302h
- Click OK
- If prompted, click Install Driver, and if prompted for administrator permission, click OK.
- Open your Control Panel and double-click to open the “Printer” windows.
- Click “Add a printer.”
- Click “Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.”
- Click “The printer that I want isn’t listed.”
- Click “Select a printer by name,” and enter \\goprint1.utc.edu\flt302h. Click “”
- After the printer is found, click on “Install driver.”
- If a “User Account Control” windows pops up, click “”
- Choose whether you want to set the printer as your “Default Printer” and click “”
- Click “Finish.”
- You should now see the printer in the “Printer” window.
Mac OS X
- Open the “Systems Preferences” window.
- Click on “Printers & Scanners.”
- Click on the “+” sign on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- In your new window, select the “IP” print option.
- Set Protocol to “Line Printer Daemon – LPD.”
- Set Address to the server IP to utc.edu
- Set Queue to: flt302h
- Set the Name and Location to something of your choosing to easily identify the printer.
- Set print using “Generic PostScript Printer.”
- Click “Add” to complete the installation.