The University’s COVID-19 mitigation process includes self-screenings, on-campus testing available for students and employees with symptoms, a routine testing program for students and employees without symptoms and contact tracing.
- Daily temperature checks and health self-screening are required for students and employees.
- Students and employees are asked to respond promptly to communications from the University’s contact tracing team.
- The University will provide access to testing for students and employees who have symptoms and who are close contacts of someone with COVID-19.
- A Routine Testing program also is in place to monitor COVID-19 on campus and prevent the spread.
All students—campus residents and commuters—should complete the student self-check before leaving their residence and going to in-person class each day.
Faculty and staff should complete the employee self-check every day before coming to campus.
Contact tracers interview people who test positive for the illness and who have been in direct contact with someone who tested positive. The goal of contact tracing is to learn where these individuals have recently been, with whom they have been in contact and working to interrupt disease transmission.
For COVID-19, this process includes directing those with the virus to isolate and their close contacts to quarantine at home. The contact tracing team also monitors a student’s or employee’s situation, helps connect them to support resources and provides guidance.
If students, faculty or staff have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19:
- Do not report to campus.
- Submit the COVID-19 Notification Form
- Await further instruction. Campus offices involved in monitoring students include:
- UTC Contact Tracing Team
- Office of Student Outreach and Support
- Housing and Residence Life (on-campus residents)
University Health Services offers testing for students and employees with symptoms and those who are close contacts of someone with COVID-19. In addition, routine testing of students and employees without COVID-19 symptoms is now taking place on campus.
I’ve been tested, now what?
While awaiting COVID-19 test results, students and employees should isolate and avoid close contact with others.
I tested positive for COVID-19.
If you receive a positive test result, students and employees should follow guidance from the UTC COVID-19 Campus Support Team and their health care providers about when they are no longer required to isolate.