Masks are required indoors for everyone, regardless of vaccination status.
Face masks must now be worn by everyone in all indoor public spaces. These protocols apply to all faculty, staff, students, vendors and campus visitors.
Masks are not required in these situations:
- When alone in private offices, residence hall apartments and rooms
- While engaging in fitness activities
- While actively eating and drinking
At this time, we may ask for proof of COVID vaccination/immunizations for someone to be waived from:
- Quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic
- Testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic, with some exceptions for specific settings (communal/congregate living)
Religious exemptions are based on the fact that vaccinations conflict with religious tenets and practices. The student must submit a signed statement stating this. If they are under 18, a parent or guardian must sign the statement.
Non-compliance with COVID-19 related provisions should be reported to:
- Students: Office of Student Conduct.
- Employees: Office of Human Resources
- Contractors: contract administrator or the Office of Procurement and Contract Services
- Visitors: UTC Police
University leadership is guided by the CDC, Tennessee Department of Health and Hamilton County Health Department.
Custodial services clean restrooms and common areas, giving enhanced attention to high-touch areas such as door handles, handrails and so on. Facilities Planning and Management has disinfectant spray bottles filled with the recommended disinfectant per CDC guidelines.
If you see an empty hand sanitizer station or soap dispenser, call facilities at 423-425-4521. Someone will be dispatched to refill the station as quickly as possible.
This does not apply to individual containers on desks or personal workstations.
Each unit head must determine the number of bottles of disinfectant spray needed for the department/s under his or her purview and submit this information as a work request via:
- Service desk (https://fpmis.utc.edu/) from the campus network
- Off-campus or without access to the campus network, email: email@example.com
- Or call 423-425-2254
Facilities will arrange for delivery of supplies to the requesting departments.
University Health Services, UTC Communications and Marketing and Emergency Services have collaborated to design and offer floor distancing stickers for each office space on campus.
Email requests for signage and stickers to Faith Garner (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Emergency Services, and she will arrange pickup times for each department or group.
Several informational posters (11″ x 17″) with content developed by the U.S. CDC also are available for pick up from Emergency Services.
Choose from the following content options:
- “10 Ways to Manage Respiratory Symptoms at Home”
- “Germs are all around you.”
- “Self-monitor and Practice Social Distancing”
- “Stop the Spread of Germs”
- “Covid-10 Fact Sheet”