UTC is fully operational. Modifications to schedules, policies and practices align with CDC and American College Health Guidelines. Resources for faculty, students and staff are listed at the Resources menu below.
Questions or concerns?
Get answers from our experts.
Email questions anytime by clicking on the Questions Form below:
Still have questions?
Call us at 423-425-4111
M–F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Fall 2021 COVID-19 Campus Update
As we prepare for the Fall semester, here is what to expect in terms of COVID-19 related health and safety protocols.
Significant changes have been made to the University’s processes and procedures since May and, as a result, certain prior restrictions have been eased. Please remember though, some last-minute changes as we near the time for returning to campus may be necessary based on statewide and community cases.
As of September 7, 2021
- Vaccines remain the most effective strategy to prevent COVID-19. Therefore, we strongly encourage vaccination for our entire campus community.
- University Health Services will be offering ongoing vaccine clinics administering Moderna and Johnson & Johnson at various times. Please watch for information regarding these opportunities.
- We will use a local pharmacy to offer the seasonal flu vaccine on campus. Please watch for information on dates and times.
Masks are required indoors for everyone, regardless of vaccination status.
Face masks must now be worn by everyone in all indoor public spaces. These protocols apply to all faculty, staff, students, vendors and campus visitors.
Masks are not required in these situations:
- When alone in private offices, residence hall apartments and rooms
- While engaging in fitness activities
- While actively eating and drinking
Mask use by anyone, anywhere on campus, regardless of vaccination status, is appropriate.
On-campus COVID Vaccine Appointments for Employees, Students, Family and Friends
As an approved pandemic provider for Tennessee, University Health Services is administering the COVID-19 vaccine.
As a reminder, the University does not require the COVID-19 vaccination for UTC faculty, staff or students at this time.