The University’s Zoom Rooms support students rotating between online and face-to-face classes or who just need a quiet place to work online while on campus. If time between classes is short, you can use Zoom Rooms to:
- Connect to class – with your own device or a UTC desktop
- Charge your device while you work
- Use headphones or earbuds to listen in or speak (quietly) to class
Find a Zoom Room at one of the locations listed below.
BYOD: Bring Your Own Device
|Lupton Hall 303||BYOD Lab||18||✓|
|Lupton Hall 390||BYOD Lab||18||✓|
|UTC Library 201||Desktop Lab||15||✓|
|UTC Library 301||BYOD Lab||16||✓|
|540MC Room 113||BYOD Lab||3||✓|
|EMCS 211||BYOD Lab||8||✓|
|Holt 203||BYOD Lab||6||✓|
|Holt 204||BYOD Lab||6||✓|
Be considerate of others and follow these guidelines while using these rooms:
- Abide by all UTC Interim COVID-19-Related Policies, including requirements that everyone must wear face masks and practice social distancing.
- Headphones or earbuds must be used.
- Mobile phones must be silenced when using these rooms.
- Speaking aloud during online class participation is acceptable, but keep your voice at a low volume.
- Refrain from eating or drinking while in any of these areas.
Find these rooms on the interactive campus map at Student Success Resources.
Questions about these areas? Email email@example.com.
Note: Zoom Rooms are not good environments for proctored online work, such as with Proctorio. In such circumstances, consider individual study rooms described below.
More Study Spaces in the Library
The Library has open study spaces throughout the building with a variety of seating and workspace options. In addition to open areas, the Library has private and group study rooms that are cleaned and sanitized after each use. All rooms feature whiteboards and screens with media connections.
- Individual Study Rooms: Since you are the only person inside the room, you may remove your mask while in the private room. These may be suitable for proctored online work.
- Group Study Rooms: With options for two to six people, you can comfortably meet in a space that allows for social distancing.
Note: Masks are required in group rooms.
Reserve a study room at utc.edu/library-rooms or visit the Library during open hours to choose a study space.