In order to use the softphone client, your extension must be configured appropriately. If this has not been done or you are unsure, please contact IT Client Services (extension 4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to request this change for your extension.
Directions (initial installation and set up)
- Navigate to https://myphone.utc.edu and tap the ‘Get it on Google Play’ button
- Install the Avaya IX Workplace app
- Open the app after the installation is complete
- You must allow permissions for all items presented or the app will not function properly
- Accept the End User License Agreement
- On the next page tap the ‘Configure my account’ button
- Enter your full UTC email address (i.e. email@example.com) and tap ‘Next’
- Enter your 4-digit extension and your extension’s password and tap ‘Next’
- After logging in you will be shown a quick tutorial of how to use the app
- You can now send or receive calls from your UTC extension. You will also be notified of any voicemails through the app.
- You can sign out of the app by clicking the icon of a person in the top right corner of the screen
- While still signed in, if you keep the app open, but closed, you will still receive phone calls from your extension
- If you completely close the app you will no longer receive phone calls from your extension
- If you completely close the app while signed in, the next time you open it you’ll automatically be logged back in.