All UTC faculty, staff, and students have access to the VPN. By default only UTC’s publicly available services and the Internet are accessible. If you require access to privileged services, you must request a permission elevation.
- Open your preferred web browser to: https://helpdesk.utc.edu
- Under the ‘User ID’ field, enter your UTC ID (ex. abc123)
- Under the ‘Password’ field, enter your UTC password
- Select ‘Login’
- If this is your first time logging in, it may take 1 to 2 minutes to create your account.
- Under the ‘Summary’ field, enter ‘VPN Account Elevation’
- Under the ‘Phone’ field, enter your phone number (ex. 423-425-4000)
- Under the ‘Problem Type’ dropdown box, select ‘Network’
- Under the ‘Category’ dropdown box, select ‘Other network services’
- Under the ‘Symptom’ dropdown box, select ‘VPN access’
- Under the ‘Description’ field, enter the following information:
- An explanation of why you need your VPN account elevated
- Select ‘Save’
Once the request has been fulfilled, an email will be sent to you with any additional information.
If you are looking for help setting up the VPN client, please reference the appropriate article by following this link:
Connect your Windows computer to the UTC VPN