Our transition to the new library catalog continues and we’re happy to share some tips to help you get started!
To begin exploring, go to the library home page and select “Books, Movies, & More.”
The new catalog offers two patron accounts, one for your UTC Library circulation information (where, for example, you can view and renew checked-out items) and the other for your WorldCat bibliographic information (where you can save searches, create lists to share with students or colleagues, and more).
To access your new accounts go to: http://utc.worldcat.org
• To set-up your new UTC Library Account, click “Sign-In” and then “Establish password for the first time.” Use your UTC ID as your username.
• To set-up your new WorldCat Account, click “Sign-In” and then “Create a free account.” You may select your own username.
The Library is offering training throughout the Fall semester, as well as creating search guides and video tutorials. Below are the dates for our August training. All workshops will be held in Library 209.
• Monday, August 6, 11:00 a.m.
• Tuesday, August 7, 11:00 a.m.
• Wednesday, August 15, 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
• Thursday, August 16, 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 21, 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
• Wednesday, August 22, 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
• Monday, August 27, 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
We have a UTC WorldCat Information Page in development where all workshop, search, and tutorial information will be updated.
I will continue to distribute more information as it becomes available.
In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the new catalog, or any library matters.