Recognizing UTC employees who have gone the extra mile to help fellow staff, faculty, and students is easy when we have so many individuals worth bragging on. Meet the six employees who have really gone out of their way and won Blue Ribbon Awards each month so far this year:
- Faith Garner Administrative Specialist, Safety and Risk Management is a true team player who not only handles her job duties with grace and a smile, but is there for her colleagues as well.
- Chris Howard Associate Director, Network Engineering, Information Technology, was a key asset when it came time for the library’s relocation to the new building and is still a vital partner to the new library as they’ve settled in.
- Ethan Hereth Research Associate, SimCenter, has faced new jobs and responsibilities with grace as he solved difficult hardware/software challenges and worked as an effective communicator in times of need.
- Rebekah Caldwell Accounting Specialist II, Accounting Services, goes out of her way to help others with a patience and kindness that is unrivaled.
- Dr. Jay Blackman Associate Athletics Director for Communications and Marketing, is a rockstar when it comes to balancing busy sports seasons and their schedules of events and games.
- Madison Dell Research Associate, Academic Affairs, began impressing colleagues as a student assistant and her helpful, hard-working attitude continued to gain notice as her career with the University quickly grew over the past few years.
Read more about the 2016 recipients (January-June) here.
Has a UTC employee gone the extra mile to help you?
You can show your appreciation by nominating that person for the Blue Ribbon Award. A committee appointed by the chancellor will select an award winner monthly who exhibits outstanding service to others. Nominations should be specific in identifying incidents or situations that show the nominee has served his/her customers with special distinction.
If you have a nominee to be considered at an upcoming meeting, please e-mail your nomination to Melanie Sadler (Melanie-Sadler@utc.edu), Human Resources Administrative Assistant, or mail to Dept. 3603.
All non-faculty staff (full or part-time) with at least one year’s regular service are eligible for the award. Any UTC faculty, staff, student, alumnus, or member of the community are invited to submit nominations.
Chancellor Steven Angle surprises June recipient, Madison Dell, with the Blue Ribbon Award: