The Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity will be hosting a series of abstract writing workshops in October. The goal of these workshops is to help students think about how to transition work they are doing in their classes, labs, or the studio into an abstract for presentation at a local, regional, or national conference. The dates and times are as follows:
- Oct 9th – 2:00-2:30 & 2:30-3:00 (Library 435)
- Oct 16th – 3:00-3:30 & 3:30-4:00 (Library 435)
- Oct 23rd – 2:00-2:30 & 2:30-3:00 (Library 435)
The workshops will cover the following topics:
- What exactly is an abstract?
- How do I write one?
- What information do I include?
- What information do I exclude?
Undergraduate students interested in presenting their work should be encouraged to attend one of the sessions.