In order to form a more perfect website, the UTC web team and colleagues from across campus, including the Library and Information Technology, will be participating in a series of training workshops.
Lee Walker, a local Drupal expert with Code Journeymen, kicks off the workshops this week, Dec. 10-14. Lee’s workshops are intended for those with technical skill sets and who will be supporting the Drupal content migration and managing the system and coding environments.
The three sessions this week are:
- Monday: Introduction to Git and Git Flow Branching Model
- Wednesday: Local Development with Lando
- Friday: Composer Use and Best Practices
Training with Lee will continue in January and February on these topics:
- Drupal 8 Configuration Management and Best Practices
- Acquia Development Environment and use of BLT Tools
- Continuous Integration, Automatic Test Running and Artifact Generation
- Testing with Behat
- Drupal Development Best Practices
If you are interested in participating in any of these upcoming technical workshops, call Chèrie Whipple at x4549 or Chris Gilligan at x4009.
We are also in the very early stages of planning a series of workshops offered by Acquia Professional Services. The workshops with Acquia include:
- Migration Project Discovery
- Architecture Planning
- Drupal 8 Immersion for Developers (site building, layout and theming, module development)
End-user and editor training planning begins in the spring as migration dates firm up.