We realize that today’s communication from UT President Randy Boyd may have raised questions as to whether you or those around you are subject to the federal vaccine mandate. We want to assure you that we continue to be engaged in conversations with General Counsel and the President’s Office as to the specific implications for personnel on our campus and will do our best to keep you apprised of new information as it is available. In the meantime, we offer the following for your consideration:
- We realize the ambiguity of this situation can create stress. We will do our best to provide clarity in a timely way but will resist the urge to communicate assumptions before those assumptions have been validated by legal counsel and affirmed by the UT President.
- As we identify specific UTC personnel who are subject to the vaccine requirement, we will communicate directly to those individuals and their supervisors.
- If you have been considering vaccination, we encourage you to initiate the process with the vaccine brand of your preference sooner rather than later, so as to maximize your flexibility. If your position is determined to be subject to the vaccine mandate, your options may be limited by the federally mandated deadline and the timeline associated with specific vaccine brands. Starting your vaccine process now will provide you with maximum flexibility and control.
- If you have questions, please utilize the following resources:
- for information about the White House Executive Order: review Executive Order 14042
- for information about Federal Contracts at UTC: email@example.com or Meredith-Perry@utc.edu
- for information about vaccine availability at UTC: email firstname.lastname@example.org or check UTC’s COVID vaccine website
- for information about current policy at UTC: email UTCHumanResources@utc.edu
Again, please know that we will do our best to update you as new information becomes available. Thank you for your patience and resilience.