Optional testing for COVID-19 is available on campus for employees and students, whether they live on or off campus.
Updated August 25, 2021
Testing for COVID-19 at University Health Services
Have a tickle in your throat or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19? On-campus testing is available for students and employees with COVID-19 symptoms or who have been exposed.
Schedule a Test
Call 423-425-2266 to schedule an appointment with University Health Services. COVID-19 testing and medical appointments are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Depending on multiple factors, including the testing type used, UHS anticipates test results will be available within 24 hours or faster.
- Students and employees will be asked to provide health insurance information.
- Testing for COVID-19 at UHS is done at no cost to the patient, but charges may be incurred for additional services rendered.
- Employees have access to free COVID testing. Please be mindful that other fees may be incurred during the COVID-related visit (labs, medication, etc). Contact University Health Services for details.
To learn more, visit utc.edu/university-health-services.
Any UTC community member (regardless of vaccination status) who is experiencing symptoms, may have been exposed to or is being tested for COVID-19 should submit a COVID-19 Notification Form.
- Submitting this form triggers a notification to the COVID-19 Campus Support Team.
- Students and employees will be contacted by a team member within 24 hours.
- If needed, the team can provide academic notifications to professors.
If a student or employee is symptomatic, COVID-positive or identified as being exposed, the individual may be expected to isolate or quarantine.
Learn more about the isolation and quarantine process at utc.edu/isolate-quarantine.