Optional testing for COVID-19 is available on campus for employees and students, whether they live on or off campus.
Updated January 21, 2021
Testing for COVID-19
Have a tickle in your throat or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19? On-campus testing is available for students and employees with COVID-19 symptoms or who have been exposed.
Schedule a Test
Call 423-425-2266 to schedule an appointment with University Health Services. COVID-19 testing and medical appointments are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Depending on multiple factors, including the testing type used, UHS anticipates test results will be available within 24 hours or faster.
- Students and employees will be asked to provide health insurance information.
- Testing for COVID-19 at UHS is done at no cost to the patient, but charges may be incurred for additional services rendered.
- Employees have access to free COVID testing. Please be mindful that other fees may be incurred during the COVID-related visit (labs, medication, etc). Contact University Health Services for details.
University Health Services will offer FREE COVID-19 testing by appointment for the UTC community (faculty/staff/students) Monday, January 24th through Friday, January 28th at the Collins Street Annex. You are required to make an appointment for this opportunity, please click here to schedule a testing time.
Who can test at Collins Street Annex?
- Anyone with exposure to COVID and/or mild symptoms:
- Runny nose or nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- Dry cough
If you have other symptoms or may need to see a nurse practitioner, please call University Health Services at 423-425-2266 to schedule an appointment at the clinic.
Students and employees participating in testing must comply with all safety measures in the health facility.
Any UTC community member (regardless of vaccination status) who is experiencing symptoms, may have been exposed to or is being tested for COVID-19 should submit a COVID-19 Notification Form.
- Submitting this form triggers a notification to the COVID-19 Campus Support Team.
- Students and employees will be contacted by a team member within 24 hours.
- If needed, the team can provide academic notifications to professors.
If a student or employee is symptomatic, COVID-positive or identified as being exposed, the individual may isolate or quarantine.
Learn more about the isolation and quarantine process at utc.edu/isolate-quarantine.