The Office of University Registrar is continuing the roll-out of MyMocsPASS, an online tool that allows UTC students to grant access to family members or other designated individuals to view certain student information online or to speak with specific departments regarding the student.
MyMocsPASS replaces the current system using a FERPA form and PIN. Learn more about MyMocsPass on the Registrar website.
University Health Services (UHS) continues to test symptomatic patients for Covid in the UHS clinic, as well as testing for those in need of travel or who have had known exposure.
UHS will also host a flu and COVID vaccine clinic in the fall.
Lisa Hancock, Coordinator of UTC Outdoors, was the recipient of the EMSA Brilliant Award for spring 2022. Lisa was nominated by two staff members for her tireless work to improve the student experience with UTC Outdoors.
She’s advocated for resources to expand the program and in the process has replaced all the outdoor equipment, increased student outdoors trips, increased revenue and prepared for the opening of UTC’s new waterfront property. Learn more about UTC Outdoors on Campus Recreation’s website.
Appointments, Promotions and Retirements
- Sarah Daniels is the new Assistant Director of Programming and Inclusion for the Center of Women and Gender Equity.
- Destiny Richardson joined Housing and Residence Life as a Financial Analyst.
- Chantal Bouchereau is now serving as the new Associate Director of Facilities in Housing and Residence Life.
- Alexa Clements was recently hired as an Admissions Counselor in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Whitney Richardson also joined the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as an Admissions Counselor.
- Jordan Bowman joined Campus Recreation as the Coordinator of Facilities and Operations.
- Matt Quist was also recently hired by Campus Recreation as Coordinator of Intramurals.
- Sherrell Jordan was promoted to Assistant Registrar in the Office of the University Registrar.
- Aramis Douglas was hired as Coordinator of Student Conduct and Student Conduct Investigator in the Office of Student Conduct.
- Teresa Harrison was promoted to the position of Academic Coaching Program Coordinator for the Center for Academic Support and Advisement.
- Kelly Cherrie is the new Administrative Assistant in University Health Services.
- Bryce Coulson joined the University Center as an Evening Coordinator.
- Anitra Barrett is the new University Title IX Coordinator.
More than 3,000 students will move into their residence halls next week. Incoming freshmen and transfer students will move in on Wednesday, August 17 and Thursday, August 18, and upperclassmen on Friday and Saturday, August 19 – 20.
Housing and Residence Life is looking for volunteers to help with this event. Sign up on the website.
The Office of Student Success Programs is hosting First Flight, a pre-welcome week experience to help first- and second-year students navigate college life. Events start Wednesday, August 17 and end on Sunday, August 21.
Events include resources fairs, outdoor recreation opportunities, campus tours and more. See the full schedule.
Convocation is back this year and will bring plenty of Mocs spirit to start the semester. This welcoming event introduces our newest class of students to life at UTC. Festivities kick off at 10 a.m. on Friday, August 19.
After Convocation, new students will attend First Class, a mock discussion class about college life. The Office of Student Success Programs is looking for volunteers to help lead these discussions. Click here to sign up.
To assist our Mocs with transitioning to college life, Welcome Week is full of events and programming for students to make connections, learn about campus resources and just have fun.
Long-running traditions like Oak Street Roast are returning, along with the annual pool party at the ARC and an outdoor movie night. Check out the Fall Opening website for more details.
First Day of Classes
Our students return to campus for a new semester. Classes for the Fall 2022 semester start on Monday, August 22.
Make plans to come out to this year’s Homecoming events starting on Saturday, September 10. This annual tradition has a wide range of activities, including pep rallies, a lip sync competition, a tap party and more.
Bring your best blue and gold spirit to Finley Stadium on Saturday, September 17 when the Mocs take on North Alabama. Kick-off is at 6 p.m.
Help Us Add to the Flock!
Those who know and love UTC are the best ambassadors and recruiters for our University. That’s where you come in. We rely on everyone in the EMSA division to help us find great students to welcome to our campus community. Here’s how you can make a difference and help us add more Mocs to our flock.
- The admissions application for the 2022 – 2023 school year opens on Monday, August 15! Students can apply online at utc.edu/apply.
- The Office of Undergraduate Admissions has plans for events, give-aways, contests and more on social media in the coming weeks. Make sure to follow along at @utcnewmocs on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Facebook.
- Found a student who is interested in UTC? Refer them to our online interest card.
- For parents who want to learn more about UTC, point them to the UTC Parent and Family Association online and on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Submit to the Newsletter
This newsletter is all about recognizing and celebrating YOU—the people who serve our students every day. Tell us about new and upcoming projects, past accomplishments, department news, brags on your colleagues, and anything else that you think deserves recognition. We’re always taking submissions. Use this form to submit to the newsletter.
Have questions or need help with your submission? Please contact Laura Bond.
For division employees who need to subscribe, please email April Cox.