Please see the announcement from the UT Concur Team regarding another Concur “Boot Camp” next week. We hope you will take advantage of these trainings, and please contact me if you have questions. Thank you!
Accounting Coordinator, UTC Accounting Services / Travel
(423) 425-5327 … www.utc.edu/accounting-services/
Spend the week of July 25 with the UT Travel team meeting Concur for the first time or building your travel knowledge. Enroll today by visiting the Concur Topics and/or Concur Open Q&A areas of the K@TE learning management system. Zoom details will be provided in the confirmation email.
- All sessions, with the exception of Open Q&A sessions, are eligible for HR128 credit.
- Make the most of this training opportunity by having a working knowledge of the University’s FI0705 – Travel, FI0531 – Travel Cards and related policies. If available, use a headset with microphone for optimal audio. Cameras are welcome but not required. Also, consider reserving a conference room and attending with colleagues to create a focused-learning environment.
Traveling for the University
- Extra Special Guest Hosts: UTSA Accounts Payable Team.
- Learn more about the University’s travel system, policy related to travel and the resources available to assist you.
- Monday, July 25 at 9:30 a.m.
Booking Travel with World Travel
- Extra Special Guest Host: Stacy Lane, World Travel Services, National Program Manager.
- Travelers and delegates interested in using the Concur Travel (booking) service provided by World Travel. In this session, attendees will realize the benefits of using Travel and the basics of arranging travel.
- Monday, July 25 at 2 p.m.
Travel Card Overview
- Extra Special Guest Hosts: Jessica Caldarera & Susan Wilson, UTSA Accounts Payable Card Administrators.
- Open to any individual interested in learning about the University’s Travel Card Program and how it can reduce the out-of-pocket burden for employees, guests, and students who travel on behalf of the university.
- Monday, July 25 at 3:30 p.m.
- Travelers or delegates processing expenses for in-state travel will learn how to claim expenses for day, overnight and mileage only trips, including when and how to claim a travel allowance.
- Tuesday, July 26 at 9:30 a.m.
- Travelers or delegates will learn when and how to submit requests for out-of-state travel and claim (out-of-pocket and travel card) expenses, as well as when and how to claim a travel allowance.
- Tuesday, July 26 at 11 a.m.
- Extra Special Guest Experts: Keysha Fuller, UTHSC Office of Finance (AP), Jewel Franklin, UTM Center for Global Education & Experience.
- Travelers and delegates will learn approaches for preparing for international travel with your campus office, submitting a request to travel, and claiming expenses.
- Tuesday, July 26 at 2 p.m.
- Travelers and delegates will learn the details of preparing for conference travel, including collecting required documentation, requesting approval and guidance on claiming expenses.
- Tuesday, July 26 at 3:30 p.m.
What’s New with Concur
- Learn about recent changes to the system & planned upgrades for the future, including the new Request module design.
- Wednesday, July 27 at 9:30 a.m.
Approvers and Preview Approvers
- Streamlined course to introduce the Concur travel platform and prepare all levels of approvers, including preview approvers, with the technical skills to evaluate, approve or return requests to travel, card requests (travel or procurement), and expense reports.
- Wednesday, July 27 at 11 a.m.
- Intended for individuals tasked with managing travel for guests to the University, including non-employed students and designated guest travelers. This session will discuss aspects of managing guest travelers and demonstrations will cover onboarding and managing guests via IRIS in preparation for booking and processing travel in Concur.
- Wednesday, July 27 at 2 p.m.
Financial Postings for Business Managers
- Overview of changes to financial documents related to Travel in SAP (IRIS) with the implementation of Concur, including the new SAP-based expense report.
- Thursday, July 28 at 9:30 a.m.
Concur Reporting for Managers
- Intended for individuals in a manager role (direct &/or indirect reports) and their delegates, this session will introduce the Concur reporting platform and review standard report offerings.
- Thursday, July 28 at 11 a.m.
Centrally Held Cardholder How-To
- Intended for travel cardholders using their assigned card to facilitate travel for others, such as guest travelers. This session reviews the process for reconciling travel card transactions using the appropriate expense item types, attaching supporting documentation and resolving alerts.
- Thursday, July 28 at 2 p.m.
- Intended for travel entry professionals (delegates) processing travel for student or employee groups. This session will discuss creating bulk requests, tracking submissions, benefits of a travel card and tips on processing expenses.
- Thursday, July 28 at 3:30 p.m.
Tips from the Processor Team
- Extra Special Guest Hosts: Lori Donavant, UTM Business Services Director, Keysha Fuller, UTHSC AP Admin Coordinator, Maggie Hall, UTC Accounting Services Coordinator, UTSA Accounts Payable Team.
- Interested in learning how to ‘return proof’ your expense report? Want to learn tips on speedy travel reimbursements? Join members of the UT Processing Team to gain insight on improving your submissions.
- Friday, July 29 at 9:30 a.m.
Requesting and Managing Cash Advances
- While the UT Travel Card is the University’s recommendation for offsetting out-of-pocket expenses, there are specific scenarios and campus philosophies that are best met by requesting a cash advance prior to travel. Join this session to learn about these scenarios, how to request an advance, manage advances for group travel, and how to return an unused advance.
- Friday, July 29 at 11 a.m.
Concur Open Q&A
- Join the UT Travel Team on Wednesdays at 2 p.m. on the following dates (10 person minimum to conduct).
- August 3, 10, 17, 24, 32 | September 7, 14, 21, 28 | October 5, 12, 19, 26, November 2, 9, 16, 30 | December 7, 14