As a follow-up to the June 24 go-live of Equifax Electronic I-9, below are a few UT System updates that will impact Equifax users:
- To allow for better filtering of pending I-9s, users may now select “UT Chattanooga” as the location.
- To increase the level of data security, users may now “Search for Employees” by social security number (SSN) only.
Requesting Access to Equifax System
All UTC employees that have responsibility for completing Section2 of Form I-9 will need Equifax system access. Please request access HERE, and HR will facilitate granting access to the Equifax system.
Accessing Section 2 of Form I-9 (Equifax system access required – see above “Requesting Access to Equifax System”)
1. Enter Employer Code: 17617
- Login with User ID and Password (Equifax system access required – see above “Requesting Access to Equifax System”)
3. Click on “Search for Employees”
4. Enter new employee Social Security Number (SSN) and click search
5. Location – Select “UT Chattanooga”
6. Complete Section2
7. View and attach original and unexpired eligibility supporting documents and Sign Section2
Note: The COVID-19 exception for inspecting documents remotely does not apply to UTC. Original, unexpired documents must be presented in person by new employee.
Updated New Hire Paperwork
The HR Forms webpage has been updated to include weblinks to the electronic I-9 and Direct Deposit forms. As a reminder, Duo two- factor authentication is required for Direct Deposit, so a weblink is also provided to enroll in Duo. New employees may complete the electronic forms by clicking on the weblinks; or as an alternative, QR codes for cell phone completion are provided in the “New Hire Packet – PRINT ALL FORMS.”
As a reminder, Section 1 of Form I-9 must be completed by the new employee on or before their first day of work. The hiring department must view and verify the original and unexpired eligibility supporting documentsand complete Section 2of Form I-9 within 3 business days of the employee’s start date.
Electronic I-9 Training Videos
What is Form I-9?(3:32 minutes)
How to Complete Section1 of Form I-9 (5:27minutes)
How to Complete Section2 of Form I-9 (3:37 minutes)
How to Securely AttachI-9 Documents usingYour Cellphone (1:24 minutes)
If you have questions or need assistance with the electronic I-9 process, please contact UTC Human Resources at (423) 425-4221.