Public Service Award Application (fillable PDF)
Public Service Award Nomination Form (fillable PDF)
A scholarship of $500 is to be awarded annually at homecoming by the UTC Alumni Board of Directors and the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs to two individuals displaying the most distinguished service to the UTC campus as well as the Chattanooga community.
University service can include totally voluntary positions (campus committees, Student Orientation Board, Greek memberships, etc.) or positions which are accompanied by a stipend (Student Government Association president, admissions and recruiting work, publications staffs, etc.). Community public service can include such involvement as volunteer work in hospitals, telethons, counseling, tutoring, environmental services, Red Cross, or any service that is not paid and does not receive academic credit.
The award is to be given annually during homecoming festivities, and there are no restrictions on the way the financial award is used. Receiving this award may impact other scholarship monies.
- Must be a UTC student carrying a full semester load of a minimum of 12 hours
- Must have accumulated at least 90 credit hours (of which 24 are earned at UTC)
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5
- Must not have previously received the UTC Public Service Award
- Must submit an unofficial transcript with application
- Must submit a letter of reference (from faculty, administrator and/or organizational advisor)
Applications must be sent via email to Jeff-Cogburn@utc.edu or dropped off in person at the Alumni House (551 Oak St. — corner of Oak and Douglas) no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, September 2.