UTC’s Policy on Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Dating and Domestic Violence and Stalking was updated effective today, Friday, August 12, 2022. To view the updated version of the policy, visit the Title IX website.
The changes were made as part of an annual policy review conducted by the University of Tennessee System Title IX Coordinator, in partnership with the campus Title IX Coordinators and the Office of General Counsel.
The changes include the following:
- Modified the definition of “Sexual Assault” to mirror the definition used at other University of Tennessee (UT) system campuses.
- Added a footnote acknowledging changes to state law, federal law, and/or binding legal precedent that may impact the applicability of certain provisions of the policy. The footnote describes that written notice will be provided during the grievance process of any legal change or revision.
- Removed a table naming UTC’s Title IX officials (this information is available and updated on the UTC Title IX website).
- Updated contact information for Title IX related resources.
- Updated Appendix A, Section 1.1 to emphasize the resources of the Partnership for Families, Children, and Adults.
If you have any questions or concerns about UTC’s policy or about Title IX compliance in general, please contact UTC’s Title IX Coordinator, Anitra Barrett, at (423) 425-4255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.