Awarding a Service Member or Veteran a Quilt of Valor®
This year we are turning to you to identify three Military Service Member and/or Veteran nominees for the Quilt of Valor® award for our upcoming Fall 2022 Graduation & Holiday 4 Heroes Celebration on December 1. For more information about the Holiday 4 Heroes Series of Events or to RSVP Click Here.
How to Nominate
- Send an email to VMA@UTC.EDU with the Subject Line: Fall 2022 Quilts of Valor Veteran/Service Member Student Nomination.
- If possible, send the name and the UTC ID or email of the nominee.
- The nominees will be contacted for more information and award details.
Before submitting a nomination for a Quilt of Valor® (QOV) please review the nomination rules:
- Must be a University of Tennessee at Chattanooga student, staff/faculty Member, or alumni
- It is preferred for the event, the nominee must identify as a veteran or service member (preferably, “touched by war”)
- The awarded nominee must be available for the Holiday 4 Heroes (Series Part II) Holiday Social & Fall 2022 Graduation Celebration on December 1 from 1-3 p.m. when the Quilt of Valor® (QOV) will be awarded.
- The awardee must not have received a Quilt of Valor® (QOV) Award in the past.
- Nominations must be received and processed by the end of business day on Friday, November 18, 2022.
What is a Quilt of Valor® (QOV)?
A QOV is a civilian award to our service members and veterans. The award of a QOV is like a personal award bestowed upon an individual by the military. A QOV has been earned and recipients are nominated based on their selfless service and sacrifice in defense of our Nation.
Sample Quilt of Valor Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2021
For more information about Quilt of Valor® and how to get involved visit https://www.qovf.org/.