April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and the Center for Women and Gender Equity and Center for Wellbeing have partnered to put on a series of events throughout the month. For more information and an updated list, check out MocSync. We’ve also posted teal ribbons on trees around campus that link to the MocSync page.
Dear Survivor Letters will be on display in WaGE (Lupton 118) and the Center for Wellbeing (UC 350) throughout the month.
Our Fourth Annual Sexual Assault Awareness Month Zine, which is a collection of student art, will also be available throughout the month in the WaGE and Center for Wellbeing. Check out the amazing art pieces our students have made and join us at the Gallery Night on April 4 to celebrate their great work.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Emily Rosenquist in the Center for Women and Gender Equity or Megan McKnight in the Center for Wellbeing.
- 4/3 – Sexual Assault Awareness Month Kickoff | Vine Street, 1:00 pm
- 4/4 – SAAM Zine Gallery Night | UC Chickamauga Room, 5:00 pm
- 4/5 – Lunch Chat: What is Consent? | Lupton Hall 118, 12:00 pm
- 4/11 – Dear Survivor Letter Writing | Location TBD, 10:00 am
- 4/17 – Sound Bath Meditation for Survivors (and Those Who Support Them) | UC 350, 4:00 pm
- 4/19 – Lunch Chat: What is Rape Culture? | Lupton Hall 118, 12:00 pm
- 4/19 – Joan McNeill Murray Lecture Series: The Influence of Pop Culture on How We Think about Victims | Derthick Hall 101, 6:00 pm
- 4/25 – Red Flag Movie Night Double Feature: Breaking Dawn Part I & II | Lupton Hall First Floor, 12:00 pm
In need of support?
UTC Care Line (24/7 from any location)
On-Campus Confidential Resources
Survivor Advocacy Services
118 Lupton Hall
338 University Center
Off-Campus Confidential Resource
Partnership Rape Crisis Center
24/7 domestic violence and sexual assault crisis hotline
Want to report to the University?
Title IX Coordinator
Office of Student Conduct
310 University Center
UTC Police Department