Attention UTC Faculty/Staff: 2023-24 Permits
Payroll Deduction Permits:
If you are on payroll deduction for your permit, and you do not need to change your lot for Fall 2023, please skip this section after you have ensured that your vehicle is registered to your current permit. Payroll-deducted permits are automatically renewed each year.
If you are on payroll deduction and you do need your lot changed for Fall 2023, please email Parking@utc.edu during the two week Faculty/Staff registration period (May 8- May 19) to request a switch to an available new lot.
If you would like to sign up for payroll deduction for your parking permit, please email Parking@utc.edu during the two week Faculty/Staff registration period (May 8- May 19) to request the payroll deduction form.
Non Payroll Deduction Permits
Permits are sold online through the parking portal found HERE during the two week Faculty/Staff purchase period (May 8- May 19)
What is a Virtual Parking Permit?
Virtual permits are used at UTC instead of a physical hangtag permits.
Instead of a physical permit to display, each student/faculty/staff will register their vehicle’s license plate and then park where their virtual permit allows.
In essence, your license plate is your permit! The permit purchasing process for students/faculty/staff will remain the same.
You must ensure that your vehicle is registered and linked to your purchased permit.
Click Here for instructions on purchasing a permit.
How do I register my vehicle?
You can register your vehicle at any time using these instructions:
- CLICK HERE to access the UTC Parking Portal
- Login using your UTCID and UTC Password
- Click “Permits” at the top and “View your permits”.
- Add/Remove vehicles as needed. Vehicles connected to your virtual permits are the only ones allowed to park.
- If you currently have more than three, you must delete vehicles until you reach 3 or less before attempting to add more.
How many vehicles can I have on my account?
You may register up to three vehicles to your virtual permit at a time. You can remove vehicles from your account at any time as long as there are no active citations associated with that vehicle.
Any registered vehicle on your virtual permit can park in the lot that you have a valid permit for. However, only one vehicle per permit is allowed to be parked on campus at a time.
If more than one vehicle with the same permit is found on campus at the same time, one or both of the vehicles will be cited.
How will Parking know which vehicles have virtual permits?
UTC Parking enforcement utilizes LPR (license plate recognition) on specially equipped vehicles to efficiently read the license plates parked on campus to make sure that they have a valid permit for that lot.
Any vehicle parked on campus without a valid virtual permit will receive a citation. No read data is retained for vehicles parked on campus that do not receive a citation.
Are there any rules to how I park?
As your license plate is your permit, it will need to be displayed appropriately per the UTC Parking Rules:
- License plate must be visible from the parking lot driving lane (vehicle must be nose-in, no backing in to spaces).
- License plate cannot be obstructed in any way (an obstructive object, dirt, covered, missing, etc.)
- Vehicle must be registered in order to park. Unregistered vehicles, even if the owner has purchased a permit but failed to register the plate to the permit, will receive a citation.
- The Reserved/General lot system will stay the same
- We have an FAQ page (HERE) and we will continually update as we receive any additional frequent questions.
If you have any questions, please let us know!