Do you have an innovative piece of technology and a desire to commercialize the solution? Join the NSF Innovation Corps Program to develop a customer-focused business model that supports technology transfer and business startup.
The U.S. National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps (I-Corps™)programis an immersive, entrepreneurial training program that facilitates the transformation of invention to impact.
The regional version is a 3-week short course is designed to help prepare university innovators to extend their focus beyond the university laboratory — accelerating the economic and societal benefits of NSF-funded and other basic research projects that are ready to move toward commercialization.
UT I-Corps participants receive access to multiple benefits to assist with their innovations, technical development and commercialization.
- Collaboration with ORIED and other sponsoring organizations, including the Anderson Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation, UT Research Foundation, UT Spark Innovation Center, and the UT Oak Ridge Innovation Institute
- Knowledgeable instructors with firsthand experience in technology commercialization
- Insight and perspective into buying decisions made by prospective customers
- Hands-on learning through interactive customer interview sessions
- Application recommendations for an NSF I-Corps National Cohort, with a potential $50,000 grant award and the opportunity for 100 additional customer interviews
- Substantial increase in the potential for SBIR / STTR grant awards