The Read to Achieve steering committee is seeking volunteers for its selection committee for 2024-2025 text.
The selected text has a variety of criteria to meet, chief among those are:
- Readability and potential for engaging students;
- Accurate and respectful portrayals of diverse cultures and identities
- Relevance to first-year students, current society, and/or local community
- Possibilities for additional programming, especially inclusion in first-year courses or other areas of the curriculum
- Reasonable Cost (less than $20)
- Manageable Length (around 200-300 pages)
Committee members agree to engage in the selection process (via email and Zoom meetings) to narrow suggested titles to a short list (4-5 titles) by mid-October, to read and review the short list titles, and to make a recommendation to the Executive Leadership Team for the 2024-2025 selection by mid-November.
The selection of the Read to Achieve text happens on a relatively rapid timeline to allow for development of academic materials, social engagements, and author visits. If you are interested in this opportunity or if you have questions, please contact Jenn Stewart (email@example.com).
The selection committee reviews and selects from suggestions submitted to this link: Read To Achieve Text Selection | University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. We hope you’ll consider suggesting a text for the committee to consider.