The Center for Wellbeing is holding a Medication Take Back Event from 10 a.m.-noon on Tuesday, Nov. 28, in the University Center Lobby. Stop by their table to drop off unused or expired medication and let them dispose it for you. They will also be providing Deterra medication disposal packs for home disposal and free prescription lockboxes—which keep your medications safe and ensures only the person prescribed the medication has access to it.
Bring expired or unused prescription, over-the-counter, or pet meds to be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card.
Why should you participate?
- Flushing and throwing away medication pollutes our water system.
- Leaving unused medications around provides an opportunity for misuse by others.
- Sharing prescribed medication is illegal and dangerous.
- It keeps you organized and frees space in your cabinets.
The collection process:
- Please bring prescriptions in the original containers with your personal information crossed out.
- Bring prescription, over-the-counter and even pet medication.
- DO NOT bring needles, IV bags or radioactive medications. Contact your health care provider for information regarding disposal of these items.
This initiative is aimed at providing our community with a safe way to dispose of expired or unused medication. UTC also has a permanent disposal box located at the UTC Police Department.