The Office of Multicultural Affairs seeks the submission of engaging and collaborative programs for UTC Black History Month 2024. Follow the link, to apply HERE. The proposals should provide the UTC community with knowledge, resources, and experiences that can apply to their everyday lives. We strongly encourage these events to be educational as well as engaging, interactive and creative. We encourage programs that foster collaboration with two or more faculty, staff, or university departments in planning the event. This year the Office of Multicultural Affairs has selected the theme of “African Americans and the Arts”. There will be emphasis on the transformative experiences created by African Americans – past, present, and future pertaining to the artistic expression. This month will showcase the intellectual and collective impact of African Americans in music, dance, art, fashion, literature, theater, film, storytelling, spoken word, poetry, song, entertainment, innovation, arts education, and more.
Topics for program proposals could range from, but are not limited to the following:
- Empowering and Encouraging African American through art
- Black Health & Wellness through artistic expression
- Influence of African Americans on the arts in popular culture
- Role of social media in promoting the African American artistry
- Current thought leaders, creatives, cultural figures, and social media influencers in the arts
- Current events & contributions that emphasize the importance/contributions of African American Art
- Wild Card- This area can focus on the contributions of African American Artists/Art through various avenues (e.g. music, arts, dance, science, education, finance, medicine, entrepreneurship, technology, etc.)
Those who are submitting program proposals are responsible for the planning and implementation of the program (e.g. reserving facilities, ordering refreshments, and marketing.) The Office of Multicultural Affairs will award $250 to programs that exhibit the most promise for engaging participants and strong collaboration..
All program proposals are due by Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. Notifications for those who will be awarded funds and acceptance of program proposals will be sent via email on Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.