Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Derthick Hall 201THE LAND BETWEEN (78 mins/2014)
– WINNER “Best Feature-Length Documentary” – FIFE Environmental Film Festival 2014 –Paris, France
– WINNER “Best Film” – International Migrant Film Festival 2014 – Ljubljana, Slovenia
– WINNER “Best Film” – Lampedusa In Festival 2014 – Lampedusa, Italy
– WINNER “Best Film” – Naples Human Rights Film Festival 2014 – Naples, Italy
– WINNER “Crossroads Award” – Festival delle Terre 2014 – Rome, Italy
– HONOURABLE MENTION – Antenna Documentary Film Festival 2014 – Sydney, Australia
– SPECIAL MENTION – International Festival of Cinema and Memory 2015 – Nador, Morocco
David Fedele is an award-winning documentary filmmaker from Australia.
He entered the world of documentary filmmaking through a love of travel and exploring different cultures, having traveled extensively throughout Australasia, Europe, the Middle East, South America and Africa.
Generally working alone, self-producing and self-funding his projects, David is particularly interested in exploring cultural, humanitarian and social justice issues. His films have covered such diverse topics as sub-Saharan African migration in Morocco, electronic waste in Ghana, and illegal logging in Papua New Guinea.
David’s latest film THE LAND BETWEEN (2014, 78mins) follows sub-Saharan African migrants living in the mountains of northern Morocco, dreaming of entering Europe for a better life. The film premiered and was awarded “Best Feature-length Documentary” at the FIFE International Environmental Film Festival in Paris, and has since been broadcast and screened widely around the world, winning many awards including Naples Human Rights Film Festival (Best Film), Festival of Migrant Film (Best Film) and Lampedusa Infestival (Best Film). It was also screened at the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium in 2015.
David was selected to participate at Berlinale Talents as part of Berlin International Film Festival in February 2014. He was also a jury member at the Cinema Planeta International Environmental Film Festival 2014 in Cuernavaca, Mexico, and President of the jury at the SREM International Environmental Film Festival 2015 in Srem, Serbia.