The Annual History Button Contest is here!
The History Department invites you to submit an entry for the contest. The button will be worn by you, history majors, to show pride on and off the UTC campus and to recruit more students into our program. The History Department faculty will decide on a winner, who will receive a prize.
Qualification: The designer must be a current history major.
Guidelines for participating in the contest:
- The button should include a historical image that embodies 1) the spirit of the history discipline, and/or 2) the importance of studying history.
- Make sure the image and the text are visible on a 2” x 2” button.
- The image quality must be 640 x 480 pixels minimum.
- Please make sure the image follows the copyright rule: it should be outside the copyright date. Students are responsible for making sure that they do not use copyrighted materials in their “Button Design” work. For more see https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/ and https://www.drumbeatmarketing.net/marketing-blog/4-easiest-ways-tell-image-copyrighted
- The button should include a catchy phrase that shows:
- the spirit of the history discipline, and/or
- the importance of studying history, and/or
- importance of holding a degree in history.
- Submit your design in a pdf. file to Dr. Hu (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:59 P.M., Monday, March 15, 2021.
The winner will receive a prize.
The History Department faculty will decide on a winner. The winner will be contacted by Friday, March 19, 2021.
Please contact Professor Hu (email@example.com) with any questions.