PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE HERE!
2021 CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS
The 2021 Southeastern Tennessee Regional Student History Conference will be completely virtual with a three-hour live-session conference on Thursday, April 15, 2021.
UTC’s chapter of Phi Alpha Theta (PAT) invites research paper and poster proposals on all subjects of History or related disciplines from undergraduate students in colleges and universities from Southeast Tennessee. You do not need to be a member of PAT to participate in the Annual Southeastern Tennessee Regional Student History Conference on Thursday, April 15, 2021, from 5pm to 8pm Eastern Time.
Your proposal should include your name, project title, and abstract of no more than 250 words.
For Research Papers: You should plan for a 15-20-minute oral presentation (about 8-10 pages, double-spaced) during your scheduled live panel session on Thursday, April 15, 2021.
For Research Posters: You should plan a one-minute oral introduction of your research and be ready to answer questions during the scheduled live Q&A session on Thursday, April 15, 2021.
You will be notified of your panel time before April 15, 2021.
Submit Your Proposal by March 31, 2021: https://forms.gle/1eWeEbPNmrHFxaCg7.
Using the proposal submission URL, non-presenter attendees must also register for the conference using a university email affiliated with Covenant College, Lee University, Southern Adventist University, Bryan College, Dalton State College, University of North Georgia, Tennessee Wesleyan University, or UTC.
Please note the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021: Deadline for presenters to submit their paper or research poster abstract. Submit your proposal and/or register to attend here: https://forms.gle/1eWeEbPNmrHFxaCg7
- Friday, April 9, 2021: Deadline to register on the conference platform (ForagerOne). Presenters AND Non-presenter Attendees will need to create an account with ForagerOne to upload files, comment on presenters, and attend the live sessions. Conference registrants will be contacted with the information on how to create this account.
- Monday, April 12, 2021: 1) Deadline to Upload Poster File for Poster Presenters; and 2) OPTIONAL for Paper Presenters to Upload a Short Pre-Recorded Presentation File/Video (must be uploaded on YouTube or so).
- Monday, April 12 – Friday, April 16, 2021: Attendees and Presenters can view/watch uploaded posters and/or presentations online anytime and anywhere during this time.
- Thursday, April 15, 2021, from 5pm to 8pm Eastern Time: Live Sessions take place where paper presenters will give their full presentation during their scheduled panel sessions and poster presenters can engage in a live Q&A session.
Contact: Professor Fang Yu Hu (firstname.lastname@example.org).