The History Department cordially invites you to submit an entry for the first
History Bookmark Design Contest!
The bookmark will be used by you, History majors, History minors, and Secondary Education-History majors, to show our love for history on and off the UTC campus. The History Department faculty will decide on a winner, who will receive a prize.
Qualification: The designer must be a current History major, History minor, or Secondary Education-History major.
Why? To show your enthusiasm for the history discipline! To encourage fellow history lovers to continue to study history. To share your passion with your loved ones and peers.
Guidelines for participating in the contest: The bookmark should include words, quotes, or phrases that embody the spirit of the history discipline, and/or the importance of studying history. Make sure the text will be visible on a 2” x 8” bookmark. You may also include an image or two, historical or of your own design, that represents history the discipline and/or the importance of studying history.
Wording: The bookmark should include a catchy phrase, words, or quotes that celebrate:
- the spirit of the history discipline, and/or
- the importance of studying history, and/or
- importance of holding a degree in history.
Make sure the image and the text will be visible on a 2” x 8” bookmark.
If you include an image:
- Make sure the image will be visible on a 2” x 8” bookmark.
- The image quality must be 640 x 480 pixels minimum.
- Please make sure the image follows the copyright rule: it should be outside the copyright date. Students are responsible for making sure that they do not use copyrighted materials in their “History Bookmark Design” work. For more info, see https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/ and https://www.drumbeatmarketing.net/marketing-blog/4-easiest-ways-tell-image-copyrighted
Deadline: Submit your design in a pdf. file to Dr. Hu (email@example.com) by 11:59 P.M. Thursday, October 14, 2021.
Prize: The winner will receive a book written by a current faculty member in the History Department.
The History Department faculty will decide on a winner. The winner will be contacted by October 25, 2021. The department will announce the winner on October 27, 2021, at the second Lunch, Learn & Link event (History Career Panel) of the Fall 2021 semester.
Please contact Professor Hu (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.