***

Congratulations to the 2021 student recipients of History Department Scholarships!  

Click on each of their names for their reasons for choosing history.

The Iphigene Ochs Sulzberger Scholarship, for excellent performance in American history courses, awarded to:

Dylan Wright and Kaitlyn Borton

The Dr. William H. Masterson Memorial Scholarship, for excellent performance in history and humanities courses, awarded to:

Diego Rojas

The UTC History Department Scholarship, for excellent performance in history courses, awarded to:

Emery Benson 

The Culpepper Family Scholarship, for excellent performance in history courses, awarded to:

Matthew Blankenship

The Ethel Chapin Morgan Scholarship, awarded to:

Alex Furr

Colonial Dames of America Scholarship, awarded to:

Cole Whitaker

“I chose history because I wanted to find out how past events have influenced the present day. … [H]istory has not only expanded my horizon but also taught me how important the interpretation of knowledge can be. … I am forever grateful for the opportunities the History Department has given me to succeed.”

“Pursuing history offers a number of benefits, primarily allowing a broadening of one’s own understanding of the world and its complex social structures. Majoring in history has also allowed me to share this knowledge with others, and will allow me to inspire younger historians. Being part of the UTC history department has been a great experience.”

“Most importantly, pursuing a history degree at UTC grows my empathy for people across the globe. … My love for history has been encouraged in classes with wonderful discussions and professors who go above and beyond to answer questions, share resources, and foster my academic growth.”

“Being a part of this department has changed my life; every day, I can pursue my personal passions through research and study, with continual guidance and support from the incredible educators around me. … Thank you, UTC History Department, for the greatest experience I could have asked for.”

Tagged with: