The History Department cordially invites you to submit an entry to the Annual History Button Contest!
The button will be worn by you, history majors, to show pride on and off the UTC campus.
The History Department faculty will decide on one or multiple winners, who will receive a prize.
See the previous winning designs to the right.
Qualification: The designer must be a current history major.
Deadline: February 28, 2022.
Guidelines for participating in the contest:
1. The button should include a historical image that embodies 1) the spirit of the history discipline, and/or 2) the importance of studying history.
2. Make sure the image and the text are visible on a 2” x 2” button.
- The image quality must be 640 x 480 pixels minimum.
- Please make sure the image follows the copyright rule: it should be outside the copyright date. Students are responsible for making sure that they do not use copyrighted materials in their “Button Design” work. For more see https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/ and https://www.drumbeatmarketing.net/marketing-blog/4-easiest-ways-tell-image-copyrighted
- the spirit of the history discipline, and/or
- the importance of studying history, and/or
- importance of holding a degree in history.
4. Submit your design to Dr. Hu (FangYu-Hu@utc.edu) in one of the following formats: pdf, jpeg, png, or tiff by 11:59 P.M. Monday, February 28, 2022.
The winner(s) will receive a prize.
The History Department faculty will decide on a winner or multiple winners. The winner(s) will be contacted by March 31, 2022.
Please contact Professor Hu (FangYu-Hu@utc.edu) with any questions.