Prospective Ph.D. students interested in research within the FCM group should apply for admission to the Ph.D. program in Computational Science with a concentration in Computational Engineering. The deadline for Fall admission is February 1st and for Spring Admission is September 1st. Interested students should also contact Dr. Ranjan through email expressing their interest in joining the FCM group at UTC by sending their CV/Resume.
Please contact Dr. Ranjan if you are interested in working on the application of high-performance computing tools to solve engineering problems in the area of Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences. Dr. Ranjan can also supervise undergraduate students on an independent research project during the academic year to complement their classroom learning experience at UTC.
Requirements for Graduate Students
- A BS or MS degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering, or other closely related fields
- A strong background in fluid mechanics, thermal sciences, and numerical methods
- Strong hands-on experience with programming in Fortran, C/C++, Python, MATLAB
- Strong motivation to perform cutting-edge research and to publish research articles
- Proficiency in Linux computing environment
- Experience in using HPC resources
- Experience with parallel computing (e.g. MPI, OpenMP, OpenACC)