Congratulations to the 2015 recipients of the Collaborative Research Initiative for Sponsored Programs (CRISP) award! Through this award, we hope to build on the research capacity at UTC, create internal and external research collaborations, and establish multidisciplinary research teams with the primary outcome of submitting competitive research proposals and successfully securing funding from external sources.We received a diverse and high quality array of proposals this year, and the office would like to thank everyone who submitted. See below for a list of the research teams that received CRISP funding this year.
- Drs. Jennifer Boyd, Jim Hiestand, Andy Carroll, and Michael Bonsall (Oxford) – Investigating Intraspecific Variability in Energetic Responses to Climate Change Toward a Mechanistic Approach to Modeling Plant Species Distributions
- Drs. David Giles and Stephen Symes – Quantitative and Structural Characterization of Bacterial Phospholipids Following Fatty Acid Exposure
- Drs. Yu Liang, Zibin Guo, Dalei Wu, Nancy Fell, and Amanda Clark – Virtual TaiJi System: An Innovative Modality for Rehabilitation
- Drs. Gretchen Potts, Ethan Carver, and Peggy Kovach – In-Depth Analysis of E-Cigarette Filling Solutions and their Biological Implications
- Drs. Craig Tanis and Sagar Kapadia – Intel MIC Optimization