The pandemic has forced departments to get creative when offering programs and activities this year. The UTC Mathematics Poster Contest is one such activity. The 2021 UTC Mathematics Poster Contest was held on April 12, 2021 via Zoom.
The poster contest is held annually for local middle and high school students. Each year there is a theme related to mathematics that students must follow to submit posters for consideration of the judges of the contest. Judges are various members of the UTC academic community. The contest typically has over 200 students from 10 area middle and high schools take part in the competition.
The theme for 2021 was “The Math Behind a Pandemic.” Students were divided into three categories by grade level and first, second and third place winners were chosen in each category. The winners for the 2021 were:
Category 1 (6th, 7th and 8th grade)
- First Place: Weston Jeno, Berean Academy
- Second Place: Spencer Gore, Berean Academy
- Third Place: Elizabeth Delcamp, Berean Academy
Category 2 (9th and 10th grade)
- First Place: Landon Powell, Berean Academy
- Second Place: Hope Milligan, Berean Academy
- Third Place: Lauren Grant, Berean Academy
Category 3 (11th and 12th grade)
- First Place: Akhilsai Ujjina, Homeschool
- Second Place: Tanishqa Kuchi, Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences
- Third Place: Josiah Tillet, Red Bank High School
Visit the UTC Mathematics Poster Contest page for videos of the poster entries and winners.
Leave a Reply