- I’ve submitted a manuscript about on-campus community writing in August 2018. Specifically, it reviews all articles published in Reflections and The Community Literacy Journal to better understand how the subfield of Community Writing defines community.
- A follow up project I am currently drafting considers on-campus community writing through the lense of participatory culture.
- And a project I am just beginning is framed by George Seddon’s (1972) Sense of Place: A Response to an Environment, in which he describes Australia’s Swan Coastal Plain as a “natural landscape unit” rather than “a unit of human occupation.” His goal is to better grasp the coastal plain’s geography—its boundaries and meetings places. My goal is to consider the boundaries and meeting places of campus and community.
- A project I hope to get too soon extends Jenny Edbauer’s (Rice) work in Distant Publics beyond “inquiry as a rhetorical goal” in and of itself by creating a space for a community-based professional writing projects that start with inquiry into a topic of civic importance and then moves toward action.
- I’m also working on a webtext about using Google Classroom, Sites, and Drive in (team)writing courses.
- “Digital Research Methods: Databases, Ethics, Enactments, Histories, and Processes.” With M. McIntrye, K. Banazek, K. Cameron. Conference Proceedings of the 2016 Computers and Writing Conference. April 2018.
- “Polymorphic Frames of Pre-Tenure WPAs: Seven Accounts of Hybridity and Pronoia.” With Derek Mueller, Laura Davies, Matt Dowell, Alanna Frost, Mike Garcia, and Kate Pantelides. KAIROS: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy.) 21.1 Fall 2016.
- Like Coming in from the Cold: What We Mean When We Say We Value Technological Professional Development.” With Alanna Frost, Moe Folk, Les Loncharich. Computers and Composition Online. Spring, 2015.
- Hypersocial-Interactive Writing: An Audience of Readers-as-Writers.” Literacy in Composition Studies.2.2, 17-43. 2014.
- Erasing Property Lines: A Collaborative Notion of Authorship and Textual Ownership on a Fan Wiki.” Computers and Composition. 28.1. 2011.
- “Ruby-Slippers, Flying-Monkeys, and Coordinating Conjunctions: A Journey Down the Yellow Brick Road of Grammar Instruction,” LORE. Bedford/St. Martin’s, Fall 2003.
PRESENTATIONS (Last 5 Years)
- “Encouraging Public Subjects of Rhetorical Inquiry and Action in a Professional Writing Course: Writing the UTC Teaching and Learning Garden” Thomas R. Watson Conference on Rhetoric and Composition, University of Louisville. October 2018.
- “‘Hit-it and Quit-It’ Or A Tactical Orientation to Digital Public Writing?” Georgia International Conference on Information Literacy, Georgia Southern University, September 2018.
- “Encouraging Public Subjects of Rhetorical Inquiry and Action Through a Tactical Orientation to Public Professional Writing,” Conference on Applied Learning in Higher Education, March 2018.
- “Within the Walls: Making a Space for On-Campus Community Engagement in Community Writing Scholarship,” Conference on Community Writing, Boulder, October 2017.
- “‘Hit-it and Quit-It’ Or A Tactical Orientation to Digital Public Writing?” Georgia International Conference on Information Literacy, Georgia Southern University, September 2017. (Conference canceled).
- “Defining ‘Community’ in Community Writing Scholarship,” Computers & Writing Conference, University of Findlay, June 2017.
- “Buzzing In. Buzzing Along: A Short-Lived, Tactical Orientation to Public Writing Projects.” Association of Teachers of Technical Writing Conference, Portland, March 2017.
- “I Wanna Be ‘RAD,’ But What’s the ROI?” Computers & Writing Conference, St. John Fisher College, May 2016.
- “Active Support for Radical Pedagogies: The Postpedagogical Movement, Project-Based, Multigenre, and Multimodal Approaches.” Half-day workshop. Conference on College Composition and Communication Annual Convention, Houston, April 2016.
- “Designing a Quantitative Study of Wikipedia: Learning How to Do Quantitative, Replicable, Aggregable, and Data-Supported Research.” Works in Progress. Department of English, University of Tennessee-Chattanooga. November, 2015.
- “Breaking Down BlackBoards Walled Garden: Collaborative Writing and Learning with Google Apps for Education.” Conference on College Composition and Communication Annual Convention, Tampa, March 2015.
- “Google Apps for Education in the Composition Classroom.” Computers & Writing Conference, Washington State University, June 2014.
- “Teaching the Teachers: Designing a FYW Curriculum for Non-Writing Specialists.” Polymorphic Frames of Pre-Tenure WPAs: Eight Accounts of Hybridity and Pronoia. Conference on College Composition and Communication Annual Convention, Indianapolis, March 2014.
- “The Public Work of Writing: Cultural Competencies in Collaborative Knowledge Production.” Conference on College Composition and Communication Annual Convention, Las Vegas, March 2013.