- I’ve submitted a manuscript about on-campus community writing in August 2018 and am completing a second on this topic.
- My next planned project extends Jenny Edbauer’s (Rice) work in Distant Publics beyond “inquiry as a rhetorical goal” in and of itself by creating a space for a community-based professional writing projects that start with inquiry into a topic of civic importance and then moves toward action.
- I’m also working on a webtext about using Google Classroom, Sites, and Drive in (team)writing courses.
- “Digital Research Methods: Databases, Ethics, Enactments, Histories, and Processes.” With M. McIntrye, K. Banazek, K. Cameron. Conference Proceedings of the 2016 Computers and Writing Conference. April 2018.
- “Polymorphic Frames of Pre-Tenure WPAs: Seven Accounts of Hybridity and Pronoia.” With Derek Mueller, Laura Davies, Matt Dowell, Alanna Frost, Mike Garcia, and Kate Pantelides. KAIROS: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy.) 21.1 Fall 2016.
- Like Coming in from the Cold: What We Mean When We Say We Value Technological Professional Development.” With Alanna Frost, Moe Folk, Les Loncharich. Computers and Composition Online. Spring, 2015.
- Hypersocial-Interactive Writing: An Audience of Readers-as-Writers.” Literacy in Composition Studies.2.2, 17-43. 2014.
- Erasing Property Lines: A Collaborative Notion of Authorship and Textual Ownership on a Fan Wiki.” Computers and Composition. 28.1. 2011.
- “Ruby-Slippers, Flying-Monkeys, and Coordinating Conjunctions: A Journey Down the Yellow Brick Road of Grammar Instruction,” LORE. Bedford/St. Martin’s, Fall 2003.
PRESENTATIONS (Last 5 Years)
- “Encouraging Public Subjects of Rhetorical Inquiry and Action in a Professional Writing Course: Writing the UTC Teaching and Learning Garden” Thomas R. Watson Conference on Rhetoric and Composition, University of Louisville. October 2018.
- “‘Hit-it and Quit-It’ Or A Tactical Orientation to Digital Public Writing?” Georgia International Conference on Information Literacy, Georgia Southern University, September 2018.
- “Encouraging Public Subjects of Rhetorical Inquiry and Action Through a Tactical Orientation to Public Professional Writing,” Conference on Applied Learning in Higher Education, March 2018.
- “Within the Walls: Making a Space for On-Campus Community Engagement in Community Writing Scholarship,” Conference on Community Writing, Boulder, October 2017.
- “‘Hit-it and Quit-It’ Or A Tactical Orientation to Digital Public Writing?” Georgia International Conference on Information Literacy, Georgia Southern University, September 2017. (Conference canceled).
- “Defining ‘Community’ in Community Writing Scholarship,” Computers & Writing Conference, University of Findlay, June 2017.
- “Buzzing In. Buzzing Along: A Short-Lived, Tactical Orientation to Public Writing Projects.” Association of Teachers of Technical Writing Conference, Portland, March 2017.
- “I Wanna Be ‘RAD,’ But What’s the ROI?” Computers & Writing Conference, St. John Fisher College, May 2016.
- “Active Support for Radical Pedagogies: The Postpedagogical Movement, Project-Based, Multigenre, and Multimodal Approaches.” Half-day workshop. Conference on College Composition and Communication Annual Convention, Houston, April 2016.
- “Designing a Quantitative Study of Wikipedia: Learning How to Do Quantitative, Replicable, Aggregable, and Data-Supported Research.” Works in Progress. Department of English, University of Tennessee-Chattanooga. November, 2015.
- “Breaking Down BlackBoards Walled Garden: Collaborative Writing and Learning with Google Apps for Education.” Conference on College Composition and Communication Annual Convention, Tampa, March 2015.
- “Google Apps for Education in the Composition Classroom.” Computers & Writing Conference, Washington State University, June 2014.
- “Teaching the Teachers: Designing a FYW Curriculum for Non-Writing Specialists.” Polymorphic Frames of Pre-Tenure WPAs: Eight Accounts of Hybridity and Pronoia. Conference on College Composition and Communication Annual Convention, Indianapolis, March 2014.
- “The Public Work of Writing: Cultural Competencies in Collaborative Knowledge Production.” Conference on College Composition and Communication Annual Convention, Las Vegas, March 2013.