A requirement of the 2017 Partnership Promise is that you and your covered spouse agree to complete a biometric health screening by July 15, 2017.
Onsite Diagnostic/Healthways will be on campus in the Tennessee Room, University Center on April 26, 27, and 28. Click on the following link to register for an Onsite Screening: https://my.onsitehd.com/restricted/signup/tn
You also agree to actively participate in coaching if you are called and keep your contact information current with your employer; or, if a covered spouse, keep your contact information current with Healthways, if it changes.
The time is upon us to ensure all eligible regular staff employees receive their performance reviews for the 2016 review period.
The staff performance review process has not changed since last year, but here are some important reminders regarding the review process as specified in UT HR Policy HR0129, “Performance Reviews for Regular Staff Employees”, which was revised January 1, 2014:
- Review Period; Regular staff employees on all UT campuses and institutes will evaluate staff performance based on the calendar year (January through December).
- Due Date: Completed staff performance review forms with all required approval signatures should be received in the Office of Human Resources by March 31, 2017. Deans, directors, and department heads should consult with their Vice Chancellor/Provost regarding divisional schedules with goal of submitting all completed SPDR forms to HR by March 31.
- Performance Review Process and Forms: Please refer to the UTC website UTC Performance Management Overview for a description of staff performance review process. The only form required by UT Policy is the Performance Review Summary Form. However, the UTC Office of Human Resources has developed a variety of supplemental forms that can be utilized to enhance performance management and the performance review process. Each of these supplemental forms are referred to in the Performance Management Overview, but you may also visit the HR website at Performance Management Forms to view these tools.
- Multiple Reviewers – Only one performance review can be submitted per staff member. If an employee is evaluated by more than one supervisor (as when an employee worked in multiple departments during the calendar year), the supervisors should collaborate on the employee’s performance review and come to an agreement on one overall score.
- Unsatisfactory Performance – Overall performance ratings of 9 and below on 25 point scale will be considered unsatisfactory. These ratings align with the “unsatisfactory/rarely achieves expectations” category on the PR Summary Form.
- Ineligibility for Pay Increases – Staff members receiving unsatisfactory overall performance ratings of 9 and below will be ineligible for any across-the-board pay increases in 2017.
- Required Signatures – Staff performance reviews require the signatures of the employee, the employee’s supervisor and next level of administration to ensure consistency and fairness. Performance review forms will not be accepted by HR until all three required signatures are included.
- Required Performance Improvement Plan – Staff members who receive unsatisfactory overall performance ratings of 9 and below will be required to participate in a performance improvement plan (PIP). Performance improvement plans are also highly recommended for staff members who receive overall ratings of 10 to 14. These ratings align with the “sometimes achieves expectations” category on the PR Summary Form.
Please feel free to contact Laure Pou, Executive Director, Human Resources, with any questions you may have about the staff annual performance review process.
Several development sessions for supervisors relating to the Performance Management & the Performance Review Process will be conducted. These interactive sessions will focus on all elements of the performance management cycle so supervisors of both faculty and staff members are welcome to attend. Registration is not required.
Performance Management Development sessions are scheduled for:
- Monday, February 20th, 1-2:30pm, UC Signal Mountain Room
- Tuesday, February 21st, 10-11:30am, UC Signal Mountain Room
- Thursday, February 23rd, 9-10:30am, UC Signal Mountain Room
- Friday, February 24th, 1-2:30pm, UC Signal Mountain Room
In addition to these general sessions, Ms Pou is available to schedule training or Q/A sessions relating to Performance Management with any department, college, or other work unit.
It’s that time of the year again – Life Planning Seminars! You should have already received, via email, your personal invitation to register for various seminars on your retirement program, retiree health, Wills and Estates, etc.
The seminars will be held Tuesday, March 21 and Wednesday, March 22 with presentations by the UT System-Wide Benefits & Retirement Services and other representatives on the subject being presented. Deadline to register online in email is January 15, 2017. You will receive an email confirmation of your registration.
It is highly suggested you attend the retirement and health insurance seminars to update yourself on eligibility and qualifications for these benefits.
If you have any questions, please call UT Systems Wide Benefits & Retirement Services, 888-444-8847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; or Kathy Taylor, UTC Benefits, 425-4452 or email Kathy-Taylor@utc.edu.
For Your Benefit is a newsletter addressing the benefits offered to you as a UT employee. This newsletter provides an opportunity to communicate information and issues that directly affect you.
This issue includes a comprehensive summary of health, dental, vision and other benefits that are part of the annual open enrollment and transfer period, which runs through Oct. 14. We also have information about the new overtime regulations taking effect Dec. 1, a new FranklinCovey training opportunity, ideas for recognizing retiring colleagues and much more. Read MORE…
Read previous issues….
For the past 35 years staff and faculty have been celebrated for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Recipients will be honored at the Annual Service Awards Program with a luncheon on November 22 at 11:30 in the Tennessee Room of the University Center.
Photographs of 2016 Service Award Honorees on Flickr