This is a theory-light program on stress and assumes that participants have attended one of our other tutorials on stress (for example, Get the Best of Stress or Preventing Burnout). It is important that anyone attending this seminar knows about issues such as, “what stress is” and “how it affects us”. This background understanding allows this program to focus entirely on four lenses for dealing with stress. Consequently, the program is very practical and very personalized making it highly relevant and impactful in today’s difficult times.
Participants will explore, adapt, and adopt:
• Physical-oriented approaches: used to mobilize the body in positive ways to mitigate the effects of stress
• Emotion-oriented approaches: used to change the way we see a stressful situation
• Acceptance-oriented approaches: used for dealing with stressful situations we just cannot control
• Action-orientated approaches: used to take action to change a stressful situation
• The specific combination that works best for keeping an individual’s stress levels under control.
Audience: All UTC staff/faculty