At the Library we strive to keep the students and faculty at the center of all our decisions. The Access Services Department, in conjunction with Library Dean Theresa Liedtka, has spent the last semester re-examining some of our circulation policies that affect the day to day use of the library by patrons.
Our desire is always to make our policies and processes as transparent and as patron-friendly as possible. We hope our patrons will approve and enjoy the following changes to policies or additions to services—they are all made with you in mind!
Patron borrowing privileges:
- Faculty will now be able to renew their books up to 5 times either online or by calling the circulation desk.
- Faculty checking out audiovisuals (cd /dvds) may renew 1 time online or by phone.
- Staff borrowing privileges now fall under the same guidelines as faculty.
- Courtesy card patrons (alumni, Hamilton County school teachers, etc) will now be able to borrow a laptop for three hours at a time, no longer restricted to one borrow a day.
Additional patron services:
- A Billing Appeal form is now available at the Circulation Desk for patrons who feel their fine may be incorrect or unwarranted, and would like to protest it. Appeals will be reviewed and addressed within 48 hours and an email response will be sent to the patron.
- The Course Reserve Submission form has moved online. Complete and submit the form without having to come to the Library!
- New equipment is available to borrow from the Circulation Desk including: calculators, a vhs player, and cd/dvd player available for 7 day check out. These go along with our Kindles, laptops, digital cameras, etc.
- Group study room 208A can now be reserved , stop by or call the Circulation Desk. 208A is an enhanced study room and includes a vhs/dvd player, tv, as well as audio conversion equipment. This room is especially useful for planned viewing of videos on reserve by professors or group listening of cds on reserve.
- AV equipment is now available for walk-up use on the 2nd floor, located near classroom 208. Equipment includes: cd/cassette players, turntable, tv/vhs combo, audio conversion equipment.
- The Library processing fee on billed items has been reduced to $5.00 (previously it was $15.00).
- Our Proxy card (previously called Faculty Authorization card) form will be available on our library website and may be submitted directly via the web. Processing will be completed within one business day.
- Our circulating laptops for students and faculty are currently being upgraded to Lenovo Thinkpads. We are in the process of phasing in the Lenovo laptops and hope to have all 60 new laptops in circulation for our students soon.
As always, we like to hear from our patrons. If you have ideas about services you would like offered or technology you would like us to consider for circulation (like our currently offered Kindles, calculators, cameras, etc.) please use the red FEEDBACK tab on the library website.