Many thanks to all of the students who completed the Annual Library Survey this past Spring, as well as the SGA members who worked closely with the Library during Finals in the Spring of 2016 to figure out a way to make late-night study better for students. Your feedback and suggestions were heard, and we are delighted to share the news that one of the most common wishes has been granted.
The Library’s 1st floor public spaces are now available for overnight study!
This is a temporary pilot program to see how well it works for students, and will follow the same strategy developed in conjunction with the SGA that worked so well during Spring 2016 Finals. All public spaces on the first floor, rather than only the traditional 24/5 study space, will remain available for use on Sundays-Thursdays, providing additional seating and study areas. This much larger space means that more students will be able to study in comfort throughout the nights during the regular semester instead of only during Finals.
Please be aware:
- A security officer will be monitoring the 1st floor for your safety;
- Group rooms and lounges (Rooms 101 and 118) will not be available for use; only the public open-seating areas will be available;
- The 1st floor CheckOut desk will not be staffed, so library materials cannot be borrowed between 12:00am – 7:45am;
- All circulating library equipment (laptops, etc.) and study room keys will need to be returned before midnight (when the rest of the Library closes) to avoid accumulating overdue fines;
- Starbucks will be closed.
Check out the regular and special hours for all areas of the Library at www.utc.edu/library/about/hours
Happy Late-Night Studying!