Spring internship applications are due Wednesday, Oct. 26, 4 p.m. In Frist 309.
Applicants must have:
- completed COMM 2300, 2310, and 3200;
- completed or be enrolled in 24-27 hours in Communication courses;
- completed or be enrolled in COMM 4200 or 4510;
- completed or be enrolled in at least two upper level Communication skills courses (skills courses include COMM 3330, 3350, 3370, 3400, 3450, 3500, 3610, 3630, 3660, some 4000 courses, 4100, 4450, 4550 and 4700); and
- a minimum overall 2.0 GPA and a 2.0 GPA in Communication.
ALL applicants must submit statement of 300 words or more on his or her philosophy on media and/or professional ethics.
Portfolio booklets and sample portfolios are available in Frist 309.
For more details on internship application requirements, click HERE.
Communication Department faculty Dr. Bromley, Dr. Simmons, and Dr. McGhee-Hilt enjoy watching the UTC Homecoming game verses Western Carolina Oct. 15.
Schedules for spring and summer 2012 classes will be available Oct. 24. Priority registration for currently enrolled students begins Nov. 7.
Communication majors are required to see an adviser before they receive a PIN number to register. Students may schedule an individual appointment with their faculty adviser by email or sign up on the faculty member’s office, or attend a group advising session.
Group advising is Friday, Oct. 28 and Friday, Nov., 8 a.m. to noon. Communication Department faculty members will be in their offices in Frist Hall and will be available for one-on-one advising on a first come, first served basis. Students may meet with any of them, no appointment necessary. Students are required to bring their CAPP sheet and a tentative schedule.
The Center for Advisement and Student Success will advise all freshmen communication majors beginning Wednesday, Oct. 26. The center advisers will provide resources for freshmen on campus, discuss the academic catalog, and increase student retention and success. For more information, contact Lisa-Michelle Brower at email@example.com or call 423-425-4573.