The UTC Campus Recreation department strives for excellence in all our services. We hear from folks regularly about how we can continue to improve and try hard to listen to our patron’s and accommodate what we can. Every now and then we hear from someone about how great of a job that we are doing. Below is one that we are proud of and wanted to share:

I have been at UTC for 40 years, and needless to say, lots of changes have occurred during that time span.  One of the most exciting and positive changes to our campus has been the addition of the ARC—Aquatic and Recreation Center.

Having been on hundreds of college campuses around the country, I can say from experience that this is one of the absolute best facilities of its kind on any college campus.  The ARC’s design is most visually appealing, it has state of the art exercise and workout equipment on each level, and the pool is THE best I have ever seen in a college or any institutional setting.

From the positive reactions I have heard from several alumni, faculty and students, I’m sure it is and will continue to be a major recruiting plus for UTC.  It is conveniently located, a free benefit to students, and is very inexpensive for faculty.  In addition to the aforementioned equipment, there are a variety of exercise classes and services offered that appeal to both students and faculty.  I am taking advantage of the very affordable ‘personal trainer’ option, and have found that this service is very professionally-delivered and extremely beneficial.

Dr. Gene Ezell