I’m very passionate about being involved in the community and I love working with youth. However, it was always challenging for me to volunteer at the Boy’s & Girl’s Club due to my class and work schedule each semester. I was automatically onboard when Dr. Howard-Baptiste informed me there would be an opportunity to volunteer during the summer.

One of the highlights of my volunteer experience at the Boy’s and Girl’s Club would have to be when one of the young men decided to google why a tomato is considered a fruit instead of a vegetable. The fact he wanted to further his research on his own showed we’re here for a reason. We might not think we’re making an impact but they really enjoy all of the hands on activities.

They are always eager to learn each week which makes volunteering worthwhile. The past few weeks have been an absolutely blast and brought back so many memories from my own childhood. If I could do it all over again I would. I look forward to volunteering at the Boy’s and Girl’s Club in the future